Michael Lorenzen to pitch, play center field for Reds this spring
Cincinnati Reds pitcher Michael Lorenzen is expected to both pitch and play center field during Cactus League games this spring.
Lorenzen was a two-way stud in college at Cal State Fullerton and he's proven to be one of the better hitting pitchers in the majors, slashing .290/.333/.710 with 4 home runs, 10 RBI, and 5 runs scored across 34 plate appearances last season. The 27-year-old right-hander also posted a 3.11 ERA across 81 innings.
numberFire's models expect Lorenzen to record a 3.86 ERA and 1.34 WHIP with 60 strikeouts over 77 innings in 2019.
- Anthony Rizzo (ankle) a late addition to Cubs Thursday lineup, Victor Caratini to bench September 19th, 2019
- Willians Astudillo out of Minnesota's Thursday lineup September 19th, 2019
- Jason Castro on Twins' bench Thursday September 19th, 2019
- Luis Arraez drops to seventh Thursday for Twins September 19th, 2019
- Yu Chang starting on Thursday for Indians September 19th, 2019
- Twins' Ryan LaMarre in center field Thursday September 19th, 2019
- Michael Lorenzen in center field for Reds versus Cubs September 18th, 2019
- Curt Casali catching for Cincinnati in Wednesday's finale September 18th, 2019
- Jose Iglesias (back) back in Reds' lineup Wednesday September 18th, 2019
- Josh VanMeter sitting for Reds on Wednesday September 18th, 2019
- Brian O'Grady in center field for Cincinnati on Tuesday September 17th, 2019
- Cincinnati's Tucker Barnhart hitting fifth on Tuesday September 17th, 2019