Tim Anderson (ankle) out for White Sox Wednesday
Chicago White Sox shortstop Tim Anderson is not starting in Wednesday's series finale versus left-hander Chris Sale and the Boston Red Sox due to a right ankle sprain.
Anderson had to be helped off the field during Tuesday's game and couldn't put any weight on his right leg after making a running throw at second base. X-rays came back negative for a potential fracture, but he will be re-evaluated on Wednesday and could still wind up on the injured list. Leury Garcia is moving to shortstop Wednesday while Ryan Cordell starts in center field.
Anderson is slashing .317/.342/.491 with 11 home runs, 37 RBI, 39 runs scored, and 15 steals over 281 plate appearances (70 games).
- Yankees' Brett Gardner (toe) sitting out again on Wednesday August 21st, 2019
- Mike Ford starting at DH for the Yankees Wednesday August 21st, 2019
- Austin Romine heads to the bench Wednesday for New York August 21st, 2019
- Cavan Biggio is in the Blue Jays' lineup Wednesday August 21st, 2019
- Danny Jansen riding pine Wednesday for Blue Jays August 21st, 2019
- Brandon Drury dropped to fifth in the Jays' Wednesday lineup August 21st, 2019
- Yoan Moncada (hamstring) returning Thursday for White Sox August 21st, 2019
- Adam Engel starting for the White Sox Wednesday August 21st, 2019
- James McCann batting cleanup Wednesday for the White Sox August 21st, 2019
- Jon Jay sitting Wednesday for the White Sox August 21st, 2019
- Welington Castillo not starting for the White Sox Wednesday August 21st, 2019
- Jon Jay lined up seventh Tuesday for White Sox August 20th, 2019