Yu Chang called up, starting for Indians in Sunday's finale
Cleveland Indians infielder Yu Chang is starting in Sunday's series finale against left-hander Eric Skoglund and the Kansas City Royals.
The Indians recalled Chang from Triple-A Columbus to take Jose Ramirez's (hand) place on the roster. He's covering third base and batting seventh on Sunday. The 24-year-old will figures to split time on the hot corner with Mike Freeman while Ramirez is out.
Chang went 0-for-4 with 2 strikeouts in two appearances during a brief stint with the Indians back in June. He's hit .253/.322/.427 with 9 homers, 39 RBI, 4 steals, and 45 scores with Columbus this season.
- Cole Tucker in Pittsburgh's Thursday lineup September 19th, 2019
- Kevin Kramer sitting for Pirates in Thursday's finale September 19th, 2019
- Pirates' Jake Elmore in right field Thursday September 19th, 2019
- Adam Frazier on Pirates' bench Thursday September 19th, 2019
- Donnie Walton starting for Seattle Thursday afternoon September 19th, 2019
- Mariners' Tim Lopes in Thursday's lineup September 19th, 2019
- Indians' Andrew Velazquez sitting Wednesday September 18th, 2019
- Ryan Flaherty on third base for Indians versus Tigers September 18th, 2019
- Jake Bauers added to Indians' lineup versus Tigers September 17th, 2019
- Franmil Reyes (personal) scratched for Indians, Jake Bauers at DH Tuesday September 17th, 2019
- Jason Kipnis (wrist) out for Indians rest of season September 17th, 2019
- Mike Freeman on third base Tuesday for Indians September 17th, 2019