Mets' Neil Walker on paternity leave this week
New York Mets second baseman Neil Walker will be away from the team this week in St. Louis, as his wife will have labor induced Monday night.
Walker is scheduled to get back to the team on Friday in time to start their series with the Philadelphia Phillies. He recently missed four games with back stiffness before returning Saturday night to go 2-for-4. Wilmer Flores and Kelly Johnson will likely share second base duties while Walker is away from the team.
Walker is slashing .281/.344/.473 this season, with a .348 wOBA through 445 plate appearances. He has 22 homers, 54 runs scored and 54 RBI's.
- Ramon Laureano resting for Oakland Tuesday evening September 17th, 2019
- Nick Ahmed scratched for Diamondbacks with finger injury, Ildemaro Vargas added to Tuesday's lineup September 17th, 2019
- A.J. Pollock returns to the Dodgers' lineup on Tuesday September 17th, 2019
- Avisail Garcia sitting for Rays on Tuesday September 17th, 2019
- Kansas City's Nick Dini starting behind the plate on Tuesday September 17th, 2019
- Dodgers' David Freese leading off on Tuesday September 17th, 2019
- Harold Ramirez on Marlins' bench Tuesday September 17th, 2019
- Isan Diaz starting for Marlins Tuesday night September 17th, 2019
- Jon Berti leading off for Miami on Monday September 16th, 2019
- Isan Diaz sitting for Marlins in opener with Arizona September 16th, 2019
- Austin Dean in left field Monday for Marlins September 16th, 2019
- Neil Walker on Marlins' bench in Monday's opener September 16th, 2019