Reds' Raisel Iglesias suffered elbow, hips injuries
Cincinnati Reds pitcher Raisel Iglesias revealed Thursday that he injured his right elbow and hips when he fell in the shower three weeks ago.
This explains why Iglesias hasn't seen any Cactus League action since March 14, and why he received an MRI for the elbow on his throwing arm earlier this week. He's not expected to be ready by Opening Day, opening up more opportunity for Michael Lorenzen, Tony Cingrani and Drew Storen in the season's early goings. Bryan Price, the Reds manager, has already said he would like to go with a more matchups-based approach at closer in 2017, and this injury will make that easier to accomplish.
numberFire's models currently project Iglesias for a 3.39 ERA, 1.13 WHIP and 25.3 strikeout percentage across 74 1/3 innings in 2017.
- Anthony Rizzo (ankle) a late addition to Cubs Thursday lineup, Victor Caratini to bench September 19th, 2019
- Willians Astudillo out of Minnesota's Thursday lineup September 19th, 2019
- Jason Castro on Twins' bench Thursday September 19th, 2019
- Luis Arraez drops to seventh Thursday for Twins September 19th, 2019
- Yu Chang starting on Thursday for Indians September 19th, 2019
- Twins' Ryan LaMarre in center field Thursday September 19th, 2019
- Michael Lorenzen in center field for Reds versus Cubs September 18th, 2019
- Curt Casali catching for Cincinnati in Wednesday's finale September 18th, 2019
- Jose Iglesias (back) back in Reds' lineup Wednesday September 18th, 2019
- Josh VanMeter sitting for Reds on Wednesday September 18th, 2019
- Brian O'Grady in center field for Cincinnati on Tuesday September 17th, 2019
- Cincinnati's Tucker Barnhart hitting fifth on Tuesday September 17th, 2019