Mariners' Drew Smyly (arm) to be sidelined six-to-eight weeks
Seattle Mariners starting pitcher Drew Smyly will be sidelined for six-to-eight weeks after being diagnosed with a left flexor strain.
Smyly felt something wrong after throwing recently and was sent for an MRI which revealed the bad news. Fortunately, surgery is not required, but the left-hander will be sidelined until at least June. He was placed on the disabled list and will be replaced in the rotation by Ariel Miranda.
Miranda pitched in 11 games (10 starts) for the Mariners last season, posting a 5-2 record with a 3.54 ERA and a 1.09 WHIP in 56 innings pitched.
- Jesse Winker (back) placed on Reds' injured list August 23rd, 2019
- Tony Kemp in Chicago's Friday lineup August 23rd, 2019
- Jonathan Lucroy starting for Los Angeles on Friday August 23rd, 2019
- Ian Happ sitting on Friday for Cubs August 23rd, 2019
- Victor Caratini not in Chicago's Friday lineup August 23rd, 2019
- Brett Gardner in Yankees' Thursday lineup August 22nd, 2019
- Logan Morrison batting sixth for Philadelphia Wednesday August 21st, 2019
- Phillies' Andrew Knapp sitting Wednesday August 21st, 2019
- Andrew Knapp catching for Philadelphia on Tuesday August 20th, 2019
- Phillies' Sean Rodriguez resting on Tuesday August 20th, 2019
- Philadelphia's Adam Haseley in center field on Tuesday August 20th, 2019
- Sean Rodriguez in Phillies' Sunday lineup August 18th, 2019