Marlins might move David Phelps into rotation
Miami Marlins pitcher David Phelps could be moved from the bullpen into the starting rotation, manager Don Mattingly suggested Wednesday.
Adam Conley and Tom Koehler have been demoted to Triple-A New Orleans and Wei-Yin Chin is battling an elbow injury, leaving the Marlins without many options in their starting rotation. Mattingly said Phelps will remain in the rotation for the rest of the season if the move is made.
Following some early-season struggles, Phelps hasn't been charged with a run in 10 consecutive one-inning appearances, a span in which he's given up just three hits while walking five and striking out 10.
- Tommy Pham batting second Wednesday for Rays September 18th, 2019
- Luis Arraez leading off for Twins on Wednesday September 18th, 2019
- Austin Meadows leading off for Rays versus Dodgers September 18th, 2019
- Matt Duffy out of Rays' lineup on Wednesday September 18th, 2019
- Avisail Garcia starting for Rays in Los Angeles September 18th, 2019
- Kevin Kiermaier on Tampa Bay's bench Wednesday September 18th, 2019
- Ben Zobrist leading off for Cubs in opener with Cubs September 16th, 2019
- Cubs' Anthony Rizzo sidelined with right ankle sprain September 16th, 2019
- Willson Contreras catching for Cubs on Monday September 16th, 2019
- Victor Caratini in Chicago's Sunday lineup September 15th, 2019
- Willson Contreras not in Cubs' Sunday lineup September 15th, 2019
- Ben Zobrist in the Cubs' Saturday lineup September 14th, 2019