Shohei Ohtani signs with the Los Angeles Angels
Japanese two-way star Shohei Ohtani has signed with the Los Angeles Angels.
Ohtani's agent released a statement announcing the decision: “This morning, after a thorough, detailed process, Shohei Ohtani has decided to sign with the Los Angeles Angels. Shohei is humbled and flattered by all the time and effort that so many teams put into their presentations and sincerely thanks them for their professionalism. In the end, he felt a strong connection with the Angels and believes they can best help him reach his goals in Major League Baseball."
Ohtani, 23, posted a .962 OPS and 3.20 ERA with Nippon of the Japan Pacific League in 2017.
- Ben Gamel dealt to Milwaukee on Friday by Seattle December 21st, 2018
- Mariners acquire Domingo Santana from Milwaukee December 21st, 2018
- Kyle Farmer headed to Cincinnati in seven-player trade December 21st, 2018
- Dodgers move Yasiel Puig to Cincinnati on Friday December 21st, 2018
- Alex Wood traded to Cincinnati in seven-player deal December 21st, 2018
- Cincinnati Reds acquire outfielder Matt Kemp in multi-player trade on Friday December 21st, 2018
- Angels sign Matt Harvey to 1-yr, $11M deal December 18th, 2018
- Andrelton Simmons on Angels' bench against Athletics September 30th, 2018
- Angels' Joe Hudson in Sunday's lineup September 30th, 2018
- Justin Upton out of Angels' lineup versus Oakland September 30th, 2018
- Jefry Marte draws start for Angels Sunday September 30th, 2018
- Shohei Ohtani hitting third for Angels versus Athletics September 30th, 2018