Shohei Ohtani signs with the Los Angeles Angels
Japanese two-way star Shohei Ohtani has signed with the Los Angeles Angels.
Ohtani's agent released a statement announcing the decision: “This morning, after a thorough, detailed process, Shohei Ohtani has decided to sign with the Los Angeles Angels. Shohei is humbled and flattered by all the time and effort that so many teams put into their presentations and sincerely thanks them for their professionalism. In the end, he felt a strong connection with the Angels and believes they can best help him reach his goals in Major League Baseball."
Ohtani, 23, posted a .962 OPS and 3.20 ERA with Nippon of the Japan Pacific League in 2017.
- Joey Gallo to serve as Rangers' everyday first baseman in 2018 February 20th, 2018
- Indians' Danny Salazar (shoulder) has progressed to throwing from 75 feet February 20th, 2018
- Brewers' Ryan Braun will only play left field and first base in 2018 February 20th, 2018
- Alex Cora: Hanley Ramirez is Red Sox' number-three hitter February 20th, 2018
- Report: Phillies, Jake Arrieta 'having dialogue' February 20th, 2018
- Diamondbacks sign Jarrod Dyson to two-year deal February 20th, 2018
- Angels lowering right field wall in 2018 February 20th, 2018
- Angels sign Chris Carter to minor league contract February 18th, 2018
- Chris Young signs one-year deal with Angels February 18th, 2018
- Angels send C.J. Cron to Rays for player to be named later February 18th, 2018
- Update: Angels officially acquire Ian Kinsler December 13th, 2017
- Angels to acquire four-time All-Star Ian Kinsler from Tigers December 13th, 2017