Angels to acquire four-time All-Star Ian Kinsler from Tigers
According to The Athletic's Ken Rosenthal, the Los Angeles Angels will acquire second baseman Ian Kinsler in a trade with the Detroit Tigers.
The deal isn't officially done quite yet. ESPN's Buster Olney is reporting that there is a delay as a result of Kinsler's partial no-trade clause. The Angels are part of the infielder's 10-team list, but it sure seems like the two parties will join forces in due time. There's no further details on the trade, but expect the rebuilding Tigers to get prospects in return.
The 35-year-old Kinsler racked up 22 home runs and 52 RBI in 139 games a year ago. His .236 average was far below his career-average, but Kinsler could get back on track in a revamped Angels lineup.
- Juan Soto moving up to second in the batting order for Washington on Wednesday May 23rd, 2018
- Cardinals make Tyler O'Neill a late addition to Wednesday's lineup May 23rd, 2018
- Marcell Ozuna scratched from Cardinals' lineup Wednesday, Tyler O'Neill draws another start May 23rd, 2018
- Nick Hundley starting for San Francisco on Wednesday afternoon May 23rd, 2018
- Cardinals' Dexter Fowler out of the lineup on Wednesday May 23rd, 2018
- Austin Jackson out of Giants' lineup against Astros May 23rd, 2018
- Michael Hermosillo returns the Angels' bench against Toronto May 22nd, 2018
- Jefry Marte out of the Angels' lineup on Tuesday May 22nd, 2018
- Shohei Ohtani handling designated hitting duties for the Angels on Tuesday May 22nd, 2018
- Albert Pujols returns to the Angels' starting lineup on Tuesday May 22nd, 2018
- Rene Rivera placed on Angels' disabled list with swollen knee May 21st, 2018
- Zack Cozart moves down in Angels' order on Sunday May 20th, 2018