Angels to acquire four-time All-Star Ian Kinsler from Tigers
According to The Athletic's Ken Rosenthal, the Los Angeles Angels will acquire second baseman Ian Kinsler in a trade with the Detroit Tigers.
The deal isn't officially done quite yet. ESPN's Buster Olney is reporting that there is a delay as a result of Kinsler's partial no-trade clause. The Angels are part of the infielder's 10-team list, but it sure seems like the two parties will join forces in due time. There's no further details on the trade, but expect the rebuilding Tigers to get prospects in return.
The 35-year-old Kinsler racked up 22 home runs and 52 RBI in 139 games a year ago. His .236 average was far below his career-average, but Kinsler could get back on track in a revamped Angels lineup.
- Yankees' Luis Severino agrees to four-year $40 million dollar extension on Friday February 15th, 2019
- Nick Senzel could start for Reds in 2019 February 15th, 2019
- Yangervis Solarte, Giants reportedly agree to terms February 15th, 2019
- Blue Jays' Vladimir Guerrero Jr.'s MLB debut undetermined February 14th, 2019
- Jacob deGrom named Mets' Opening Day starter February 14th, 2019
- Angels' Shohei Ohtani (elbow) not expected to be ready to DH until May February 12th, 2019
- Boston's Rafael Devers starting at third base on Sunday October 28th, 2018
- Boston's Eduardo Nunez will not start in Game 5 on Sunday October 28th, 2018
- Eduardo Nunez starting for Boston in Game 4 October 27th, 2018
- Steve Pearce in Boston's Game 4 lineup October 27th, 2018
- Andrew Benintendi starting in Game 4 for Boston October 27th, 2018
- Mitch Moreland not in Red Sox' lineup in Game 4 October 27th, 2018