Update: 'No deal' between Astros and Pirates on Gerrit Cole
Per Yahoo Sports' Jeff Passan, there is "no deal" in place for Pittsburgh Pirates pitcher Gerrit Cole to be traded to the Houston Astros.
Passan is reporting that is is a "false rumor." He does say that things could pick back up quickly and a deal could get done between the two teams. There haven't been any indications as to the return the Pirates are looking for from Houston.
In 5 years with the Pirates, Cole has gone 59-42 with a 3.50 ERA and 3.27 FIP in 127 career starts.
- Jordan Zimmermann named Tigers' Opening Day starter March 17th, 2018
- Bannister: Rangers' Joey Gallo batting second 'a real possibility' March 17th, 2018
- White Sox tag veteran James Shields as Opening Day starter March 17th, 2018
- Javier Baez (hamstring) returning to the field Sunday for Cubs March 17th, 2018
- Mets' Yoenis Cespedes (wrist) will return to action on Monday March 17th, 2018
- Mariners' Erasmo Ramirez (shoudler) not expected to be ready for start of regular season March 17th, 2018
- Justin Verlander named Astros' Opening Day starter March 5th, 2018
- Astros' Yuli Gurriel (hand) undergoing surgery on Wednesday February 28th, 2018
- Astros' Yulieski Gurriel travels to have hand examined February 27th, 2018
- Astros prospect Forrest Whitley suspended for violating drug program February 21st, 2018
- Yuli Gurriel will move around infield this season for Astros February 21st, 2018
- Update: 'No deal' between Astros and Pirates on Gerrit Cole January 10th, 2018