Update: 'No deal' between Astros and Pirates on Gerrit Cole
Per Yahoo Sports' Jeff Passan, there is "no deal" in place for Pittsburgh Pirates pitcher Gerrit Cole to be traded to the Houston Astros.
Passan is reporting that is is a "false rumor." He does say that things could pick back up quickly and a deal could get done between the two teams. There haven't been any indications as to the return the Pirates are looking for from Houston.
In 5 years with the Pirates, Cole has gone 59-42 with a 3.50 ERA and 3.27 FIP in 127 career starts.
- Christian Yelich's relationship with Marlins 'irrevocably broken' January 16th, 2018
- Giants' Hunter Pence will move to left field in 2018 January 16th, 2018
- Andrew McCutchen to play right field following trade to Giants January 16th, 2018
- Padres, Brad Hand agree to three-year extension January 13th, 2018
- Twins sign Addison Reed to two-year deal January 13th, 2018
- Blue Jays' Josh Donaldson receives record $23 million to avoid arbitration January 12th, 2018
- Josh Harrison prefers trade if Pirates aren't looking to compete January 16th, 2018
- Report: Giants acquire Andrew McCutchen from Pirates January 15th, 2018
- Astros officially acquire Gerrit Cole from Pirates January 13th, 2018
- Update: 'No deal' between Astros and Pirates on Gerrit Cole January 10th, 2018
- Report: Astros land Gerrit Cole in trade with Pirates January 10th, 2018
- Elias Diaz not in Pirates' lineup for Sunday's season finale October 1st, 2017