Jay Bruce back with Mets on three-year deal
According to ESPN's Jerry Crasnick, free agent outfielder Jay Bruce has signed with the New York Mets on a three-year deal
Additional reports have the deal as a three-year, $39 million contract, pending a physical. Bruce will be due just $10 million in 2018 with $14.5 million per year over the last two seasons. The Mets are expected to ask him to play first base in addition to his usual corner outfield position. Bruce returns to New York after being traded from the Mets less than a year ago.
In 146 games across 2 teams, Bruce hit 36 home runs and ended the 2017 season with 101 RBI and a .350 wOBA.
- Kevan Smith on White Sox's bench versus Indians June 19th, 2018
- Omar Narvaez starting for White Sox on Tuesday June 19th, 2018
- Brewers' Zach Davies starting rehab stint Tuesday June 19th, 2018
- Dodgers' Clayton Kershaw (back) will make a rehab start on Saturday June 19th, 2018
- Cubs' Yu Darvish (triceps) to throw simulated game Wednesday June 19th, 2018
- Adrian Beltre launches 3-run homer Monday for Rangers June 19th, 2018
- Michael Conforto records 3 hits in Mets' blowout win June 19th, 2018
- Brandon Nimmo homers twice as Mets destroy Rockies June 19th, 2018
- Jose Bautista enters the Mets' lineup and will bat seventh on Monday June 18th, 2018
- Mets' Jay Bruce scratched on Monday, Jose Bautista enters the lineup June 18th, 2018
- Mets' Devin Mesoraco batting sixth on Monday June 18th, 2018
- Wilmer Flores in the Mets' lineup on Monday June 18th, 2018