Jay Bruce back with Mets on three-year deal
According to ESPN's Jerry Crasnick, free agent outfielder Jay Bruce has signed with the New York Mets on a three-year deal
Additional reports have the deal as a three-year, $39 million contract, pending a physical. Bruce will be due just $10 million in 2018 with $14.5 million per year over the last two seasons. The Mets are expected to ask him to play first base in addition to his usual corner outfield position. Bruce returns to New York after being traded from the Mets less than a year ago.
In 146 games across 2 teams, Bruce hit 36 home runs and ended the 2017 season with 101 RBI and a .350 wOBA.
- Jordan Zimmermann named Tigers' Opening Day starter March 17th, 2018
- Bannister: Rangers' Joey Gallo batting second 'a real possibility' March 17th, 2018
- White Sox tag veteran James Shields as Opening Day starter March 17th, 2018
- Javier Baez (hamstring) returning to the field Sunday for Cubs March 17th, 2018
- Mariners' Erasmo Ramirez (shoudler) not expected to be ready for start of regular season March 17th, 2018
- Oakland's Jharel Cotton (elbow) to undergo Tommy John surgery March 17th, 2018
- Mets' Yoenis Cespedes (wrist) will return to action on Monday March 17th, 2018
- Mets' Michael Conforto (shoulder) to play in minors game on Friday March 16th, 2018
- Jacob deGrom (back) penciled in to start for Mets in second game of regular season March 14th, 2018
- Mets' Yoenis Cespedes (wrist) given cortisone shot March 14th, 2018
- Noah Syndergaard will start Opening Day for Mets March 13th, 2018
- Mets shut down David Wright (back, shoulder) for eight weeks March 13th, 2018