Astros officially acquire Gerrit Cole from Pirates
The Houston Astros have acquired starting pitcher Gerrit Cole from the Pittsburgh Pirates.
The two teams had reportedly closed in on a deal earlier this week, but nothing materialized. Cole will now enter the Astros' rotation as a top-4 starter. In return, the Pirates receive starter Joe Musgrove, third baseman Colin Moran, reliever Michael Feliz and minor league outfielder Jason Martin.
In 26 games, Cole went 12-12 with a 4.26 ERA and 196 strikeouts in 2017. He holds a career ERA of 3.50 through 5 MLB seasons.
- Tigers' Mike Fiers (back) expected to start season on the disabled list March 21st, 2018
- Jose Abreu (hamstring) expects to return for White Sox by Friday March 21st, 2018
- Michael Brantley (ankle) will make Cactus League debut for Indians on Wednesday March 21st, 2018
- Nationals' Daniel Murphy (knee) won't be ready by Opening Day March 21st, 2018
- Oakland Khris Davis (illness) will return to action on Wednesday March 20th, 2018
- Pirates to release Daniel Nava March 20th, 2018
- Justin Verlander named Astros' Opening Day starter March 5th, 2018
- Astros' Yuli Gurriel (hand) undergoing surgery on Wednesday February 28th, 2018
- Astros' Yulieski Gurriel travels to have hand examined February 27th, 2018
- Astros prospect Forrest Whitley suspended for violating drug program February 21st, 2018
- Yuli Gurriel will move around infield this season for Astros February 21st, 2018
- Update: 'No deal' between Astros and Pirates on Gerrit Cole January 10th, 2018