Astros officially acquire Gerrit Cole from Pirates
The Houston Astros have acquired starting pitcher Gerrit Cole from the Pittsburgh Pirates.
The two teams had reportedly closed in on a deal earlier this week, but nothing materialized. Cole will now enter the Astros' rotation as a top-4 starter. In return, the Pirates receive starter Joe Musgrove, third baseman Colin Moran, reliever Michael Feliz and minor league outfielder Jason Martin.
In 26 games, Cole went 12-12 with a 4.26 ERA and 196 strikeouts in 2017. He holds a career ERA of 3.50 through 5 MLB seasons.
- Kevan Smith on White Sox's bench versus Indians June 19th, 2018
- Omar Narvaez starting for White Sox on Tuesday June 19th, 2018
- Brewers' Zach Davies starting rehab stint Tuesday June 19th, 2018
- Dodgers' Clayton Kershaw (back) will make a rehab start on Saturday June 19th, 2018
- Cubs' Yu Darvish (triceps) to throw simulated game Wednesday June 19th, 2018
- Adrian Beltre launches 3-run homer Monday for Rangers June 19th, 2018
- Evan Gattis getting a breather for Houston on Monday June 18th, 2018
- Tony Kemp starting for Astros on Monday June 18th, 2018
- Carlos Correa drives in 3 runs as Astros win 11th straight June 18th, 2018
- Brian McCann starting for Houston versus Kansas City June 17th, 2018
- Josh Reddick starting for Astros on Sunday June 17th, 2018
- Jake Marisnick in Astros' lineup on Saturday June 16th, 2018