Astros officially acquire Gerrit Cole from Pirates
The Houston Astros have acquired starting pitcher Gerrit Cole from the Pittsburgh Pirates.
The two teams had reportedly closed in on a deal earlier this week, but nothing materialized. Cole will now enter the Astros' rotation as a top-4 starter. In return, the Pirates receive starter Joe Musgrove, third baseman Colin Moran, reliever Michael Feliz and minor league outfielder Jason Martin.
In 26 games, Cole went 12-12 with a 4.26 ERA and 196 strikeouts in 2017. He holds a career ERA of 3.50 through 5 MLB seasons.
- Angels sign Matt Harvey to 1-yr, $11M deal December 18th, 2018
- Yandy Diaz sent to Tampa Bay from Cleveland December 13th, 2018
- Jake Bauers headed to Cleveland in three-team deal December 13th, 2018
- Mariners ship Carlos Santana to Cleveland December 13th, 2018
- Edwin Encarnacion traded to Mariners December 13th, 2018
- Cardinals acquire Paul Goldschmidt from the Diamondbacks December 5th, 2018
- Carlos Correa will bat fourth for the Astros in Game 5 October 18th, 2018
- Jake Marisnick starting for Houston in Game 5 October 18th, 2018
- Josh Reddick not in Houston's Game 5 lineup October 18th, 2018
- Martin Maldonado starting at catcher for Astros on Wednesday October 17th, 2018
- Houston's Brian McCann not in Wednesday's starting lineup October 17th, 2018
- Tyler White sitting for Astros versus Red Sox in Game 3 October 16th, 2018