Report: Giants acquire Andrew McCutchen from Pirates
The San Francisco Giants have agreed to acquire outfielder Andrew McCutchen from the Pittsburgh Pirates, pending a review of medical records, according to Ken Rosenthal of The Athletic.
Reports surfaced earlier in the day that the two sides were approaching a deal, and now it appears that it is complete. There is no word on the players being exchanged for McCutchen, but it's been a tough week for Pirates fans after the trade of Gerrit Cole last week.
McCutchen averaged 11.1 FanDuel points per game in 2017 over 650 plate appearances.
- Giants sign Tony Watson to three-year deal February 17th, 2018
- Rangers sign Edinson Volquez to two-year minor league deal February 17th, 2018
- Twins sign Anibal Sanchez to one-year deal February 17th, 2018
- Mets reportedly agree to deal with Jason Vargas February 16th, 2018
- Rockies' Gerardo Parra (hands) undergoes surgery to remove hamate bone February 16th, 2018
- Blue Jays sign Jaime Garcia to one-year, $8 million contract February 15th, 2018
- Josh Harrison prefers trade if Pirates aren't looking to compete January 16th, 2018
- Report: Giants acquire Andrew McCutchen from Pirates January 15th, 2018
- Astros officially acquire Gerrit Cole from Pirates January 13th, 2018
- Update: 'No deal' between Astros and Pirates on Gerrit Cole January 10th, 2018
- Report: Astros land Gerrit Cole in trade with Pirates January 10th, 2018
- Elias Diaz not in Pirates' lineup for Sunday's season finale October 1st, 2017