Christian Yelich's relationship with Marlins 'irrevocably broken'
The agent for Miami Marlins outfielder Christian Yelich said that his client's relationship with the team is "irrevocably broken."
Yelich's agent, Joe Longo, added that his client "needs to get on with his career." He also cited a culture change with Miami while pushing the 26-year-old's trade request to a trade demand. So far, Miami's asking price has been too high for teams like the Washington Nationals, Toronto Blue Jays and Texas Rangers, among others.
In his last two seasons, Yelich has played 155 and 156 games while hitting at least 18 home runs and tallying 81 or more RBIs in each. He's under team control until 2023.
- Blake Swihart serving as DH Saturday for Boston May 26th, 2018
- Red Sox' Eduardo Nunez starting at third base on Saturday May 26th, 2018
- Jackie Bradley absent from Red Sox' Saturday lineup May 26th, 2018
- Brock Holt on the bench Saturday for Boston May 26th, 2018
- Red Sox' Dustin Pedroia making 2018 debut on Saturday May 26th, 2018
- Boston's Rafael Devers not in Saturday's lineup against Atlanta May 26th, 2018
- Jonathan Villar starting for Brewers on Friday May 25th, 2018
- Domingo Santana starting for Brewers on Friday May 25th, 2018
- Travis Shaw starting for Brewers on Friday May 25th, 2018
- Jett Bandy on Brewers' bench versus Mets May 24th, 2018
- Manny Pina starting for Brewers on Thursday May 24th, 2018
- Orlando Arcia returns to Brewers' lineup on Thursday May 24th, 2018