Nats' Adam Eaton (knee) cleared for spring training, hopes to be ready Opening Day
Washington Nationals outfielder Adam Eaton (knee) has been cleared to participate in spring training.
Eaton completely tore his ACL on April 28 but progressed far enough in the offseason that he is ready to play in spring training, possibly in a limited fashion. The Nats have already pegged the outfielder as their leadoff man, and without any setbacks, he should be ready for Opening Day.
The 29-year-old was off to a hot start in 2017, batting .297 with a .367 wOBA and 24 runs scored in 107 plate appearances (23 games) before the knee injury.
- Nick Hundley starting for San Francisco on Wednesday afternoon May 23rd, 2018
- Cardinals' Dexter Fowler out of the lineup on Wednesday May 23rd, 2018
- Austin Jackson out of Giants' lineup against Astros May 23rd, 2018
- Brain McCann starting at catcher for Houston on Wednesday May 23rd, 2018
- J.D. Davis out of the Astros' lineup on Wednesday afternoon May 23rd, 2018
- Kolten Wong out of the lineup Wednesday for St. Louis May 23rd, 2018
- Padres-Nationals will start at 7:15 PM ET on Tuesday May 22nd, 2018
- The start of the Padres-Nationals game on Tuesday is being delayed May 22nd, 2018
- Nationals' Juan Soto smashes a home run in first big league start May 22nd, 2018
- Mark Reynolds clubs 2 dingers as Nationals trample Padres May 22nd, 2018
- Ryan Zimmerman (oblique) back "fairly soon" for Nationals May 21st, 2018
- Matt Adams out of the Nationals' lineup on Monday May 21st, 2018