Chase Utley re-signs with the Dodgers on a 2-year deal
The Los Angeles Dodgers and second baseman Chase Utley have agreed to a two-year deal, per Jon Heyman of MLB Network.
The 39-year-old Utley earned the multi-year deal because of his clubhouse presence and ability to play multiple infield positions. He is expected to remain in a utility man/pinch hitter role, earning starts spelling Logan Forsythe at second and Cody Bellinger at first.
Utley batted .236 with a .316 wOBA, 8 home runs, 6 steals, and 43 runs scored in 353 plate appearances in 2017.
- Nick Hundley starting for San Francisco on Wednesday afternoon May 23rd, 2018
- Cardinals' Dexter Fowler out of the lineup on Wednesday May 23rd, 2018
- Austin Jackson out of Giants' lineup against Astros May 23rd, 2018
- Brain McCann starting at catcher for Houston on Wednesday May 23rd, 2018
- J.D. Davis out of the Astros' lineup on Wednesday afternoon May 23rd, 2018
- Kolten Wong out of the lineup Wednesday for St. Louis May 23rd, 2018
- Yasiel Puig is back in the Dodgers' lineup on Tuesday May 22nd, 2018
- Chase Utley sitting out Tuesday's game between the Dodgers and Rockies May 22nd, 2018
- Joc Pederson is not in the lineup on Tuesday for Los Angeles May 22nd, 2018
- Dodgers' Logan Forsythe starting at second base Tuesday night May 22nd, 2018
- Dodgers' Clayton Kershaw will throw simulated game on Saturday May 21st, 2018
- Enrique Hernandez is not in the lineup on Monday for Los Angeles May 21st, 2018