Chase Utley re-signs with the Dodgers on a 2-year deal
The Los Angeles Dodgers and second baseman Chase Utley have agreed to a two-year deal, per Jon Heyman of MLB Network.
The 39-year-old Utley earned the multi-year deal because of his clubhouse presence and ability to play multiple infield positions. He is expected to remain in a utility man/pinch hitter role, earning starts spelling Logan Forsythe at second and Cody Bellinger at first.
Utley batted .236 with a .316 wOBA, 8 home runs, 6 steals, and 43 runs scored in 353 plate appearances in 2017.
- Francisco Pena draws start for Cardinals on Monday August 20th, 2018
- Cardinals' Patrick Wisdom starting against Dodgers August 20th, 2018
- Denard Span is in the Seattle lineup on Monday August 20th, 2018
- Mariners' Ryon Healy is not starting on Monday August 20th, 2018
- Mariners' Mike Zunino starting at catcher on Monday August 20th, 2018
- Paul DeJong batting third for St. Louis on Monday evening August 20th, 2018
- Yasiel Puig not in the Dodgers' lineup on Monday August 20th, 2018
- Joc Pederson out of Dodgers' lineup on Sunday August 19th, 2018
- Max Muncy heads to Dodgers' bench on Sunday August 19th, 2018
- Chris Taylor batting seventh for Dodgers on Sunday August 19th, 2018
- Kike Hernandez batting sixth for Dodgers on Sunday August 19th, 2018
- Kenley Jansen (heart) feels "great", hoping to return next week August 17th, 2018