Jeurys Familia expected to get 'majority of saves' for Mets
New York Mets reliever Jeurys Familia "will probably get the majority of the saves," pitching coach Dave Eiland said at spring training on Wednesday.
New Mets manager Mickey Callaway had previously suggested the club would utilize a committee approach in the ninth inning, but it sounds like Familia is the man to own.
The 28-year-old right-hander recorded a 4.38 ERA, 1.46 WHIP, 22.5 strikeout percentage, and 13.5 walk percentage while converting 6-of-7 saves across 24 2/3 innings.
- Nick Hundley starting for San Francisco on Wednesday afternoon May 23rd, 2018
- Cardinals' Dexter Fowler out of the lineup on Wednesday May 23rd, 2018
- Austin Jackson out of Giants' lineup against Astros May 23rd, 2018
- Brain McCann starting at catcher for Houston on Wednesday May 23rd, 2018
- J.D. Davis out of the Astros' lineup on Wednesday afternoon May 23rd, 2018
- Kolten Wong out of the lineup Wednesday for St. Louis May 23rd, 2018
- Jose Bautista a late add to the Mets' lineup on Tuesday May 22nd, 2018
- Jay Bruce scratched from Mets' lineup on Tuesday, Jose Bautista making debut in left field May 22nd, 2018
- Luis Guillorme out of the lineup for the Mets on Tuesday May 22nd, 2018
- Mets' Tomas Nido catching against the Marlins May 22nd, 2018
- Jose Reyes starting for the Mets on Tuesday May 22nd, 2018
- Adrian Gonzalez out of the Mets' lineup on Tuesday May 22nd, 2018