Jeurys Familia expected to get 'majority of saves' for Mets
New York Mets reliever Jeurys Familia "will probably get the majority of the saves," pitching coach Dave Eiland said at spring training on Wednesday.
New Mets manager Mickey Callaway had previously suggested the club would utilize a committee approach in the ninth inning, but it sounds like Familia is the man to own.
The 28-year-old right-hander recorded a 4.38 ERA, 1.46 WHIP, 22.5 strikeout percentage, and 13.5 walk percentage while converting 6-of-7 saves across 24 2/3 innings.
- Pirates' Jameson Taillon will start on Opening Day February 16th, 2019
- Orioles sign shortstop Alcides Escobar to minor league contract on Saturday February 16th, 2019
- Yankees' CC Sabathia will retire after 2019 season February 16th, 2019
- Yankees' Luis Severino agrees to four-year $40 million dollar extension on Friday February 15th, 2019
- Nick Senzel could start for Reds in 2019 February 15th, 2019
- Yangervis Solarte, Giants reportedly agree to terms February 15th, 2019
- Jonathan Lucroy starting behind the plate on Wednesday in the Wild Card Game October 3rd, 2018
- Josh Phegley not starting for Oakland in the Wild Card Game October 3rd, 2018
- Liam Hendriks to be A's 'opener' in Wild Card Game on Wednesday October 2nd, 2018
- Athletics' Ramon Laureano drops to seven-hole Sunday September 30th, 2018
- Mark Canha on Athletics' bench Sunday afternoon September 30th, 2018
- Matt Olson returns to Athletics' lineup Sunday September 30th, 2018