Jeurys Familia expected to get 'majority of saves' for Mets
New York Mets reliever Jeurys Familia "will probably get the majority of the saves," pitching coach Dave Eiland said at spring training on Wednesday.
New Mets manager Mickey Callaway had previously suggested the club would utilize a committee approach in the ninth inning, but it sounds like Familia is the man to own.
The 28-year-old right-hander recorded a 4.38 ERA, 1.46 WHIP, 22.5 strikeout percentage, and 13.5 walk percentage while converting 6-of-7 saves across 24 2/3 innings.
- Kike Hernandez starting in center field for Dodgers on Sunday October 28th, 2018
- Dodgers' Cody Bellinger not starting in Game 5 on Sunday October 28th, 2018
- Boston's Rafael Devers starting at third base on Sunday October 28th, 2018
- Boston's Eduardo Nunez will not start in Game 5 on Sunday October 28th, 2018
- Austin Barnes starting for Dodgers in Game 4 October 27th, 2018
- David Freese starting for Los Angeles in Game 4 October 27th, 2018
- Jonathan Lucroy starting behind the plate on Wednesday in the Wild Card Game October 3rd, 2018
- Josh Phegley not starting for Oakland in the Wild Card Game October 3rd, 2018
- Liam Hendriks to be A's 'opener' in Wild Card Game on Wednesday October 2nd, 2018
- Athletics' Ramon Laureano drops to seven-hole Sunday September 30th, 2018
- Mark Canha on Athletics' bench Sunday afternoon September 30th, 2018
- Matt Olson returns to Athletics' lineup Sunday September 30th, 2018