Jeurys Familia expected to get 'majority of saves' for Mets
New York Mets reliever Jeurys Familia "will probably get the majority of the saves," pitching coach Dave Eiland said at spring training on Wednesday.
New Mets manager Mickey Callaway had previously suggested the club would utilize a committee approach in the ninth inning, but it sounds like Familia is the man to own.
The 28-year-old right-hander recorded a 4.38 ERA, 1.46 WHIP, 22.5 strikeout percentage, and 13.5 walk percentage while converting 6-of-7 saves across 24 2/3 innings.
- Francisco Pena draws start for Cardinals on Monday August 20th, 2018
- Cardinals' Patrick Wisdom starting against Dodgers August 20th, 2018
- Denard Span is in the Seattle lineup on Monday August 20th, 2018
- Mariners' Ryon Healy is not starting on Monday August 20th, 2018
- Mariners' Mike Zunino starting at catcher on Monday August 20th, 2018
- Paul DeJong batting third for St. Louis on Monday evening August 20th, 2018
- Ramon Laureano starting in center for Oakland on Monday August 20th, 2018
- Oakland's Mark Canha not in the lineup on Monday August 20th, 2018
- Oakland's Josh Phegley sitting on Sunday August 19th, 2018
- Chad Pinder on Athletics' bench against Astros August 19th, 2018
- Marcus Semien batting seventh for Oakland on Sunday August 19th, 2018
- Nick Martini starting for Athletics on Sunday August 19th, 2018