Oakland's Jharel Cotton (elbow) to undergo Tommy John surgery
Oakland Athletics starter Jharel Cotton will undergo Tommy John surgery, Melissa Lockard of The Athletic reports.
Cotton was expected to be a key part of the Athletics' 2018 rotation, but that will have to wait at least a year. The 26-year-old was initially diagnosed with a strained UCL in his right throwing elbow and a second opinion confirmed the need for surgery. He'll miss the entire 2018 season and could be questionable for the start of the 2019 campaign.
In 2017, Cotton went 9-10 with a 5.68 FIP in 24 starts and 129 innings.
- Austin Barnes not starting for Los Angeles in Game 3 on Monday October 15th, 2018
- Dodgers' Matt Kemp sitting out Game 3 of the NLCS on Monday October 15th, 2018
- David Freese heads to the Dodgers' bench for Game 3 on Monday October 15th, 2018
- Chris Taylor not in the Dogers' lineup for Game 3 on Monday October 15th, 2018
- Yasmani Grandal catching for Dodgers in Game 3 of National League Championship Series October 15th, 2018
- Cody Bellinger starting for Dodgers against Milwaukee in Game 3 October 15th, 2018
- Jonathan Lucroy starting behind the plate on Wednesday in the Wild Card Game October 3rd, 2018
- Josh Phegley not starting for Oakland in the Wild Card Game October 3rd, 2018
- Liam Hendriks to be A's 'opener' in Wild Card Game on Wednesday October 2nd, 2018
- Athletics' Ramon Laureano drops to seven-hole Sunday September 30th, 2018
- Mark Canha on Athletics' bench Sunday afternoon September 30th, 2018
- Matt Olson returns to Athletics' lineup Sunday September 30th, 2018