Report: Lakers deal contracts and pick to Wizards, clear space for max offer
The Los Angeles Lakers are trading Mo Wagner, Isaac Bonga, Jemerrio Jones, and a 2022 second-round pick to the Washington Wizards as part of the Anthony Davis deal with the New Orleans Pelicans, league sources tell ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski.
The Wizards are sending cash to the Pelicans to complete the deal. Davis is also waiving his $4 million trade kicker, giving the Lakers $32 million in cap space -- enough to sign a third max player. Woj adds that the Wizards had draft interest in Wagner, so he could see opportunity in Washington.
Wagner averaged 10.4 minutes in 43 games for the Lakers as a rookie, highlighted by 22 points, 6 rebounds, 3 assists, 1 steal, 1 block, and 1 triple in 34.1 minutes on March 9.
- Lakers' DeMarcus Cousins believed to be dealing with torn ACL August 15th, 2019
- Mike Yastrzemski sitting on Friday for Giants August 9th, 2019
- Golden State's Draymond Green reportedly signs a four-year extension on Saturday August 3rd, 2019
- Bucks sign Kyle Korver to a one-year contract on Saturday July 20th, 2019
- Justin Holiday reportedly signs a one-year deal with the Pacers July 19th, 2019
- Raptors' Kyle Lowry has procedure on left thumb July 18th, 2019
- Wizards' John Wall (Achilles) expected to miss the entire 2019-20 season July 22nd, 2019
- Wizards acquire Davis Bertans in three-team trade on Saturday July 6th, 2019
- C.J. Miles traded to Washington by Memphis July 5th, 2019
- Washington's Dwight Howard traded to Memphis for C.J. Miles July 5th, 2019
- Isaiah Thomas reportedly signs one-year deal with Wizards July 1st, 2019
- Bulls reportedly obtaining Tomas Satoransky from Wizards July 1st, 2019