Report: Heat, 76ers seeking third team to complete Jimmy Butler trade
The Miami Heat and Philadelphia 76ers are searching for a new third team to help complete a sign-and-trade deal for guard/forward Jimmy Butler, reports The New York Times' Marc Stein.
The Dallas Mavericks were initially the third team, but the deal apparently fell apart Sunday night because the Heat were unwilling to part with Derrick Jones Jr., per Stein. Goran Dragic will likely need to be included in the deal to create enough cap space for Butler.
Butler averaged 18.7 points, 5.3 rebounds, 4.0 assists, 1.9 steals, 0.6 blocks, and 1.0 3-pointers in 65 games between the 76ers and Minnesota Timberwolves last season.
- Lakers' DeMarcus Cousins believed to be dealing with torn ACL August 15th, 2019
- Mike Yastrzemski sitting on Friday for Giants August 9th, 2019
- Golden State's Draymond Green reportedly signs a four-year extension on Saturday August 3rd, 2019
- Wizards' John Wall (Achilles) expected to miss the entire 2019-20 season July 22nd, 2019
- Bucks sign Kyle Korver to a one-year contract on Saturday July 20th, 2019
- Justin Holiday reportedly signs a one-year deal with the Pacers July 19th, 2019
- Report: Clippers land Moe Harkless, future from Miami July 1st, 2019
- Josh Richardson reportedly sent to 76ers July 1st, 2019
- Jimmy Butler reportedly officially heading to Heat in sign-and-trade July 1st, 2019
- Report: Heat, 76ers seeking third team to complete Jimmy Butler trade July 1st, 2019
- Heat reportedly off Hassan Whiteside to Trail Blazers for Moe Harkless, Meyers Leonard July 1st, 2019
- Miami starting Udonis Haslem at center on Wednesday April 10th, 2019