D'Angelo Russell reportedly headed to Warriors in sign, trade with Nets
The Golden State Warriors are acquiring point guard D'Angelo Russell from the Brooklyn Nets in a sign-and-trade on a 4-year, $117 million maximum contract, reports Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN.
Russell's usage will likely take a hit playing next to Stephen Curry, but he'll see plenty of opportunity on offense while Klay Thompson recovers from his torn ACL. However, Marc Stein of The New York Times believes it will be a short stay in Golden State. "D'Angelo Russell does not fit there whatsoever," Stein said Monday on the Dan Patrick Show. "They will trade him. It's just a matter of when." Russell turned 23 in February.
Russell averaged 21.1 points, 3.9 rebounds, 7.0 assists, 1.2 steals, and 2.9 triples in 81 games for the Nets last season.
- Lakers' DeMarcus Cousins believed to be dealing with torn ACL August 15th, 2019
- Mike Yastrzemski sitting on Friday for Giants August 9th, 2019
- Wizards' John Wall (Achilles) expected to miss the entire 2019-20 season July 22nd, 2019
- Bucks sign Kyle Korver to a one-year contract on Saturday July 20th, 2019
- Justin Holiday reportedly signs a one-year deal with the Pacers July 19th, 2019
- Raptors' Kyle Lowry has procedure on left thumb July 18th, 2019
- Golden State's Draymond Green reportedly signs a four-year extension on Saturday August 3rd, 2019
- Golden State reportedly acquires Omari Spellman on Monday July 8th, 2019
- Alec Burks signs a one-year contract with the Warriors July 8th, 2019
- Glenn Robinson III reportedly agrees to a two-year deal with the Warriors July 2nd, 2019
- Willie Cauley-Stein reportedly will sign with Golden State July 2nd, 2019
- Kevon Looney reportedly re-signs with Warriors July 1st, 2019