Jimmy Butler reportedly officially heading to Heat in sign-and-trade
The Miami Heat are officially acquiring guard/forward Jimmy Butler from the Philadelphia 76ers in a sign-and-trade, reports Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN.
The Heat and 76ers were able to get the Los Angeles Clippers and Portland Trail Blazers involved to complete the deal, with Moe Harkless winding up in Los Angeles. Miami is also sending a future first-round pick to the Clippers and the 76ers land Josh Richardson. As a result, Butler gets a 4-year, $142 million max deal.
Butler averaged 18.7 points, 5.3 rebounds, 4.0 assists, 1.9 steals, 0.6 blocks, and 1.0 3-pointers in 65 games between the 76ers and Minnesota Timberwolves last season.
- Lakers' DeMarcus Cousins believed to be dealing with torn ACL August 15th, 2019
- Mike Yastrzemski sitting on Friday for Giants August 9th, 2019
- Golden State's Draymond Green reportedly signs a four-year extension on Saturday August 3rd, 2019
- Wizards' John Wall (Achilles) expected to miss the entire 2019-20 season July 22nd, 2019
- Bucks sign Kyle Korver to a one-year contract on Saturday July 20th, 2019
- Justin Holiday reportedly signs a one-year deal with the Pacers July 19th, 2019
- Philadelphia's Ben Simmons signs a five-year extension on Monday July 15th, 2019
- Kyle O'Quinn reportedly agrees to terms with Philadelphia July 1st, 2019
- Josh Richardson reportedly sent to 76ers July 1st, 2019
- Jimmy Butler reportedly officially heading to Heat in sign-and-trade July 1st, 2019
- Al Horford reportedly signing with 76ers July 1st, 2019
- Report: Heat, 76ers seeking third team to complete Jimmy Butler trade July 1st, 2019