Washington's Dwight Howard traded to Memphis for C.J. Miles
The Washington Wizards have traded center Dwight Howard to the Memphis Grizzlies for forward C.J. Miles, according to Shams Charania of The Athletic.
Howard is expected to be waived or traded by Memphis as they continue to try to get under the salary cap for the 2019-20 season. The veteran big man should find plenty of suitors as a backup big if he becomes a free agent.
Howard played in just 9 games last season, averaging 12.9 points, 9.2 rebounds, and 0.4 blocks per game.
- Mike Yastrzemski sitting on Friday for Giants August 9th, 2019
- Golden State's Draymond Green reportedly signs a four-year extension on Saturday August 3rd, 2019
- Wizards' John Wall (Achilles) expected to miss the entire 2019-20 season July 22nd, 2019
- Bucks sign Kyle Korver to a one-year contract on Saturday July 20th, 2019
- Justin Holiday reportedly signs a one-year deal with the Pacers July 19th, 2019
- Raptors' Kyle Lowry has procedure on left thumb July 18th, 2019
- Lakers' DeMarcus Cousins believed to be dealing with torn ACL August 15th, 2019
- Lakers' DeMarcus Cousins says quad is 100% healthy July 11th, 2019
- Lakers reportedly plan to start LeBron James at point guard July 8th, 2019
- Avery Bradley reportedly plans to sign with the Lakers July 8th, 2019
- JaVale McGee reportedly returns to the Lakers July 6th, 2019
- Kentavious Caldwell-Pope reportedly agrees to a two-year deal with the Lakers July 6th, 2019