Kings' Zach Randolph charged with two misdemeanors following arrest
Sacramento Kings power forward Zach Randolph was charged with misdemeanor possession and misdemeanor resisting arrest after an August 9th arrest in Los Angeles.
Randolph was initially arrested for felony possession of marijuana with intent to sell, but prosecutors have reduced the charges down to the two misdemeanors. If convicted, Randolph could face a maximum of one year in prison but he's unlikely to see a jail cell with it being his first offense. It's more likely that Z-Bo is put on probation and ordered to do some type of community service. That's not the look the front office wanted the veteran to bring to a rebuilding Kings team. If Randolph faces any type of suspension for his actions, Skal Labissiere and Willie Cauley-Stein should see an increase in minutes to start the season.
Randolph signed a 2-year deal worth $24 million this summer. At 36 years old, he brings his 14.1 points and 8.2 rebounds per game to a team that finished 25th in our power rankings a year ago.
- Hawks and Alex Len finalizing a deal July 21st, 2018
- Magic trade Rodney Purvis to Thunder July 20th, 2018
- Thunder trade Dakari Johnson to the Magic July 20th, 2018
- Michael Beasley agrees to a one-year deal with the Lakers July 20th, 2018
- Suns reportedly receive Richaun Holmes from Sixers July 20th, 2018
- 76ers sign 2017 pick Jonah Bolden to 4-year deal July 20th, 2018
- Yogi Ferrell agrees to a two-year, $6.2 million deal with Kings July 20th, 2018
- Garrett Temple traded from Sacramento to Memphis July 17th, 2018
- Kings will pursue Celtics' free agent guard Marcus Smart July 10th, 2018
- Bulls to match Kings' $78M offer sheet to Zach LaVine July 7th, 2018
- Zach LaVine signs four-year, $80 million offer sheet with Kings July 6th, 2018
- Kings considering a run at Bulls' Zach LaVine June 28th, 2018