Pelicans' Frank Jackson suffers broken right foot
New Orleans Pelicans point guard Frank Jackson broke his right foot and will undergo surgery on Friday.
Jackson had a stress fracture in his right foot earlier this year and had surgery in May. The rookie will now undergo his second surgery in less than four months and will miss most, if not all of training camp, and likely a good portion of the first month or two of the season.
Jackson averaged 10.9 points, 25 rebounds, and 1.7 assists in 24.9 minutes per game in his one-and-only college season with the Duke Blue Devils in 2016-17. He was selected with the first pick of the second round (31 overall) in the 2017 NBA Draft.
- Dallas rules out J.J. Barea (groin) for Tuesday's game versus Denver January 15th, 2018
- Marquese Chriss (hip) doubtful to play on Tuesday for Phoenix January 15th, 2018
- T.J Warren (back) questionable to play as Suns face the Blazers on Tuesday January 15th, 2018
- Clippers' DeAndre Jordan (ankle) will not play Monday, doubtful for Wednesday January 15th, 2018
- Jonas Jerebko back in the Jazz starting lineup on Monday January 15th, 2018
- Warriors move Zaza Pachulia to the bench against Cleveland January 15th, 2018
- Jrue Holiday scores 31 points Sunday as Pelicans beat Knicks in overtime January 15th, 2018
- DeMarcus Cousins sets career-high with 7 steals in Pelicans' win January 14th, 2018
- Anthony Davis drops 48 and 17 in Pelicans' comeback win over the Knicks January 14th, 2018
- Mike James signing a two-way contract with the Pelicans January 14th, 2018
- Dante Cunningham returns to a backup role for New Orleans on Friday January 12th, 2018
- Pelicans' Anthony Davis (ankle) expected to play on Friday night January 12th, 2018