Chicago Bulls finalizing deal for Quincy Pondexter
The Chicago Bulls are finalizing a deal to receive a second-round draft pick along with forward Quincy Pondexter from the New Orleans Pelicans, according to Shams Charania of The Vertical.
With the Bulls tanking and the Pelicans looking to free up their roster and some cap room, the deal is a win-win for both sides. Pondexter last saw NBA action in April of 2015 as he has missed the last two seasons with knee injuries. He is scheduled to make 3.8 million in 2017-18, the last year of a 4-year contract he signed with the Pels in 2014.
Pondexter has career averages of 5.3 points, 2.0 rebounds, and 0.8 assists in 18.1 minutes per game during his five-year NBA career.
- Dallas rules out J.J. Barea (groin) for Tuesday's game versus Denver January 15th, 2018
- Marquese Chriss (hip) doubtful to play on Tuesday for Phoenix January 15th, 2018
- T.J Warren (back) questionable to play as Suns face the Blazers on Tuesday January 15th, 2018
- Clippers' DeAndre Jordan (ankle) will not play Monday, doubtful for Wednesday January 15th, 2018
- Jonas Jerebko back in the Jazz starting lineup on Monday January 15th, 2018
- Warriors move Zaza Pachulia to the bench against Cleveland January 15th, 2018
- Bulls' Zach LaVine drops 18 points in 20 minutes in Monday's win January 15th, 2018
- Zach LaVine will be limited to 20 minutes again Monday for Bulls January 15th, 2018
- Kris Dunn fills up Bulls' stat sheet in win over Pistons January 14th, 2018
- Bulls' Nikola Mirotic (illness) will return Saturday after two-game absence January 13th, 2018
- Bulls' Zach LaVine (knee) will only play first three quarters on Saturday January 13th, 2018
- Denzel Valentine moving back to Bulls' bench with Zach LaVine (knee) starting on Saturday January 12th, 2018