Tony Allen signing a one-year deal with New Orleans
Free agent guard/forward Tony Allen is finalizing a one-year deal to join the New Orleans Pelicans, per Shams Charania ot The Vertical.
With the Pelicans in desperate need for wings, due to injuries, Allen may be the team's starting forward on opening day. A defensive specialist, the 35-year-old will likely play around 25 minutes per game in 2017-18.
Allen averaged 9.1 points, 5.5 rebounds, and 1.6 steals in 27.0 minutes per game for the Memphis Grizzlies last season.
- Marcus Morris (personal) to miss the start of Celtics' training camp September 25th, 2017
- Bucks' Jabari Parker (knee) targeting a February return September 25th, 2017
- Thunder's Russell Westbrook insists his knee is 'fine' September 25th, 2017
- Zach LaVine (knee) will not be ready for Bulls' season opener September 25th, 2017
- Isaiah Thomas (hip) expected to debut for Cavaliers by January September 25th, 2017
- T.J. Warren agrees to 4-year, $50M extension with Suns September 25th, 2017
- Tony Allen signing a one-year deal with New Orleans September 11th, 2017
- Grizzlies' Ben McLemore breaks bone in right foot August 8th, 2017
- Clippers, Timberwolves showing interest in Tony Allen July 13th, 2017
- Grizzlies sign Tyreke Evans to one-year deal July 7th, 2017
- Grizzlies considering trading Marc Gasol July 5th, 2017
- Kings sign Zach Randolph to a two-year, $24M deal July 4th, 2017