Zach LaVine (knee) will not be ready for Bulls' season opener
Chicago Bulls guard Zach LaVine (knee) will not be ready to play in the season opener on October 19, per K.C. Johnson of the Chicago Tribune.
LaVine tore his ACL in February but remains without an official timetable from Chicago. Typically it takes nine months to recover from this injury, making it likely the former Minnesota Timberwolves' will be out until November at the earliest. With the rebuild underway in Chicago, they also have no reason to rush him back.
LaVine was on his way to a career year, before the knee injury, as he averaged 18.9 points, 3.4 rebounds, 0.9 steals, and 2.6 three-pointers per game, all career highs last season.
- Miami's James Johnson (ankle) makes an early exit on Saturday night December 16th, 2017
- Tyreke Evans (hip) will play Saturday for Memphis December 16th, 2017
- Rudy Gay joins the Spurs' starting five on Saturday night December 16th, 2017
- P.J. Tucker joins the Rockets' starting lineup on Saturday with Clint Capela out December 16th, 2017
- James Harden (knee) will play on Saturday as Rockets battle the Bucks December 16th, 2017
- Dakari Johnson starting in place of Steven Adams for Thunder on Saturday December 16th, 2017
- Bobby Portis sets a new career-high with 27 points in Bulls' win December 15th, 2017
- Lauri Markkanen (back) listed as out for Bulls on Friday December 15th, 2017
- Bulls' Robin Lopez posts a well-rounded stat line in win over Jazz December 14th, 2017
- Bulls' Lauri Markkanen (back) questionable Friday against Milwaukee December 14th, 2017
- Bulls' Kris Dunn fills box score in Wednesday's win over Jazz December 14th, 2017
- Bulls' Nikola Mirotic stays hot on the offensive end in win over Jazz December 14th, 2017