Zach LaVine (knee) will not be ready for Bulls' season opener
Chicago Bulls guard Zach LaVine (knee) will not be ready to play in the season opener on October 19, per K.C. Johnson of the Chicago Tribune.
LaVine tore his ACL in February but remains without an official timetable from Chicago. Typically it takes nine months to recover from this injury, making it likely the former Minnesota Timberwolves' will be out until November at the earliest. With the rebuild underway in Chicago, they also have no reason to rush him back.
LaVine was on his way to a career year, before the knee injury, as he averaged 18.9 points, 3.4 rebounds, 0.9 steals, and 2.6 three-pointers per game, all career highs last season.
- Hawks and Alex Len finalizing a deal July 21st, 2018
- Magic trade Rodney Purvis to Thunder July 20th, 2018
- Thunder trade Dakari Johnson to the Magic July 20th, 2018
- Yogi Ferrell agrees to a two-year, $6.2 million deal with Kings July 20th, 2018
- Michael Beasley agrees to a one-year deal with the Lakers July 20th, 2018
- Suns reportedly receive Richaun Holmes from Sixers July 20th, 2018
- Woj: Jabari Parker, Bulls agree to two-year deal July 14th, 2018
- Bulls closing in on a deal with Bucks' free agent Jabari Parker July 13th, 2018
- Bulls rescind qualifying offer on David Nwaba July 12th, 2018
- Bulls to match Kings' $78M offer sheet to Zach LaVine July 7th, 2018
- Zach LaVine signs four-year, $80 million offer sheet with Kings July 6th, 2018
- Kings considering a run at Bulls' Zach LaVine June 28th, 2018