Thunder's Russell Westbrook insists his knee is 'fine'
Oklahoma City Thunder guard Russell Westbrook told reporters that his left knee is "fine" even after receiving a PRP injection on September 22.
Westbrook is expected to miss the first few days of training camp, but both Westbrook and GM Sam Presti have insisted the injury is no concern and that the reigning MVP will be ready once preseason rolls around next week. While Westbrook has had issues with his right knee before, this is the first time his left knee has given him any trouble.
Westbrook led the NBA With 31.6 points per game while becoming the first player since Oscar Robertson to average a triple-double. He posted 10.7 rebounds and 10.4 assists per game last year.
- Trail Blazers' Shabazz Napier (back) available Tuesday against Suns January 16th, 2018
- Orlando's Arron Afflalo ejected in second quarter of Tuesday's game January 16th, 2018
- Timberwolves' Nemanja Bjelica ejected from Tuesday's game January 16th, 2018
- 76ers' J.J. Redick (leg) likely to miss 'short window of time' January 16th, 2018
- Utah's Thabo Sefolosha (knee) scheduled to undergo season-ending surgery on Wednesday January 16th, 2018
- Marreese Speights (personal) unavailable to play for Orlando on Tuesday January 16th, 2018
- Steven Adams double-doubles again as Thunder bring down Kings January 16th, 2018
- Paul George posts a well-rounded stat-line as Thunder beat Kings on Monday January 16th, 2018
- Carmelo Anthony leads Thunder with 20 points Monday in win over Kings January 16th, 2018
- Russell Westbrook turns in 19 points, 16 rebounds, 9 assists on Monday for Thunder January 16th, 2018
- Thunder's Andre Roberson (knee) to miss his eighth consecutive game on Monday January 14th, 2018
- Russell Westbrook scores 38 points, adds 10 rebounds in losing effort for Thunder January 11th, 2018