Thunder's Russell Westbrook insists his knee is 'fine'
Oklahoma City Thunder guard Russell Westbrook told reporters that his left knee is "fine" even after receiving a PRP injection on September 22.
Westbrook is expected to miss the first few days of training camp, but both Westbrook and GM Sam Presti have insisted the injury is no concern and that the reigning MVP will be ready once preseason rolls around next week. While Westbrook has had issues with his right knee before, this is the first time his left knee has given him any trouble.
Westbrook led the NBA With 31.6 points per game while becoming the first player since Oscar Robertson to average a triple-double. He posted 10.7 rebounds and 10.4 assists per game last year.
- Bucks' Giannis Antetokounmpo sprains ankle, makes early exit versus Clippers March 21st, 2018
- Wizards' Mike Scott (illness) ruled out on Wednesday March 21st, 2018
- Jodie Meeks out sick for Wizards versus Spurs March 21st, 2018
- Sindarius Thornwell will come off bench for Clippers on Wednesday March 21st, 2018
- Wesley Johnson starting for Clippers on Wednesday, Sindarius back on bench March 21st, 2018
- Tony Snell moves back to the Bucks' bench on Wednesday March 21st, 2018
- Paul George's 5 three-pointers not enough Tuesday as Thunder fall in Boston March 21st, 2018
- Thunder's Russell Westbrook racks up 27 points, 8 boards and 7 assists in loss to Celtics March 21st, 2018
- Corey Brewer cools off Tuesday as Thunder fall to Celtics March 21st, 2018
- Paul George (pelvic strain) will play Friday as Thunder host Clippers March 16th, 2018
- Thunder's Paul George (groin) will be a game-time decision on Friday March 16th, 2018
- Steven Adams (hip) is available to play for the Thunder on Friday March 16th, 2018