Thunder's Russell Westbrook insists his knee is 'fine'
Oklahoma City Thunder guard Russell Westbrook told reporters that his left knee is "fine" even after receiving a PRP injection on September 22.
Westbrook is expected to miss the first few days of training camp, but both Westbrook and GM Sam Presti have insisted the injury is no concern and that the reigning MVP will be ready once preseason rolls around next week. While Westbrook has had issues with his right knee before, this is the first time his left knee has given him any trouble.
Westbrook led the NBA With 31.6 points per game while becoming the first player since Oscar Robertson to average a triple-double. He posted 10.7 rebounds and 10.4 assists per game last year.
- James Ennis starting for Grizzlies in Wednesday's opener October 17th, 2017
- Hornets' Jeremy Lamb (groin) practiced in full on Tuesday October 17th, 2017
- Harrison Barnes feels more comfortable heading in to second season with Mavericks October 17th, 2017
- C.J. Miles likely coming off Raptors' bench in opener October 17th, 2017
- Pelicans' Anthony Davis (illness) probable for season opener October 17th, 2017
- Taurean Prince will start for Hawks in season opener October 17th, 2017
- Donovan: Steven Adams getting 'getting better and better with his awareness' on defense for the Thunder October 17th, 2017
- Carmelo Anthony feels revitalized in Oklahoma City October 16th, 2017
- Paul George admits he has something to prove with Thunder October 16th, 2017
- Russell Westbrook says chemistry won't be issue for new-look Thunder October 16th, 2017
- Steven Adams leaves Thunder's preseason game Tuesday with back issue October 4th, 2017
- Russell Westbrook and Thunder agree to $205M contract extension September 29th, 2017