Washington, Broncos reportedly talking Case Keenum deal
The Washington Redskins are expected to acquire quarterback Case Keenum from the Denver Broncos, reports Ian Rapoport of NFL Network.
The Broncos gave up a fourth-rounder for Joe Flacco last month and Alex Smith is expected to miss all of 2019 with a leg injury, so the deal makes sense for both sides. Keenum has proven to be better than most backups and worse than most starters during his six years in the league.
Keenum threw for 3,890 yards (6.6 yards per attempt) on a 62.3 completion percentage with 18 touchdowns and 15 interceptions in 16 games for the Broncos last season.
- Raiders' Antonio Brown participates in Saturday's walkthrough August 17th, 2019
- Chargers' Derwin James suffers a right foot fracture August 16th, 2019
- Patriots' Josh Gordon reinstated by the NFL, eligble to play Week 1 August 16th, 2019
- Chargers' Keenan Allen (ankle) reportedly expected to play in Week 1 of the regular season August 15th, 2019
- Chiefs beat: Carlos Hyde not making final roster August 15th, 2019
- Cam Newton's deep ball 'biggest surprise' for Carolina August 15th, 2019
- Case Keenum reportedly the 'front-runner' to start for Washington August 13th, 2019
- Washington's Derrius Guice reportedly still not cleared to play in games August 13th, 2019
- Washington's Terry McLaurin 'showered with praise' in camp August 7th, 2019
- Washington's Jordan Reed feeling 'stronger' and 'more explosive' July 31st, 2019
- Trey Quinn has Washington slot job 'locked down' July 28th, 2019
- Washington quarterback race could 'come down to the wire' July 25th, 2019