Report: Browns acquiring Olivier Vernon from Giants for Kevin Zeitler
The Cleveland Browns are acquiring defensive end Olivier Vernon and a 2019 fourth-round pick from the New York Giants in exchange for right guard Kevin Zeitler and a 2019 fifth-round pick, reports Ian Rapoport of NFL Network.
Vernon has only played in 23 games over the past two seasons and comes with a hefty contract, but he plays a premier position in the league, especially compared to an interior offensive lineman. That said, Zeitler is considered an elite pass-blocker. Vernon turns 29 in October.
Vernon recorded 25 tackles (20 solo) with 7 sacks in 12 games for the Giants last season.
- Philadelphia's DeSean Jackson (groin) reportedly expected to miss Week 3's game against Detroit September 17th, 2019
- Chiefs' LeSean McCoy's ankle reportedly has 'no significant damage' September 17th, 2019
- Cam Newton aggravates foot injury, could miss Week 3 for Panthers September 17th, 2019
- Jets' Luke Falk fares well in abrupt NFL debut September 17th, 2019
- Robby Anderson has 4 catches, 81 yards for Jets September 17th, 2019
- Jamison Crowder regresses to mean in Jets' loss September 17th, 2019
- Jarvis Landry does little in Cleveland victory September 17th, 2019
- Baker Mayfield bounces back for Browns in win September 17th, 2019
- Nick Chubb notches 98 yards, touchdown in Browns' win September 17th, 2019
- Odell Beckham goes for 161 yards, 1 touchdown as Browns blast Jets September 17th, 2019
- Browns' David Njoku (concussion) will not return in Week 2's game against the Jets September 16th, 2019
- Cleveland's Rashard Higgins (knee) ruled out for Week 2's matchup against the Jets September 16th, 2019