Jaguars officially release quarterback Blake Bortles Wednesday
The Jacksonville Jaguars have released quarterback Blake Bortles.
The move was expected after the Jags opened up their checkbook and signed Nick Foles. Bortles will likely find a home on another team, but probably at the backup level. He spent the last five season as the Jaguars' starter, going 24-49.
Bortles threw for 2,718 yards, 13 touchdowns, and 11 interceptions on 403 pass attempts in 2018.
- Chargers' Derwin James suffers a right foot fracture August 16th, 2019
- Patriots' Josh Gordon reinstated by the NFL, eligble to play Week 1 August 16th, 2019
- Chargers' Keenan Allen (ankle) reportedly expected to play in Week 1 of the regular season August 15th, 2019
- Chiefs beat: Carlos Hyde not making final roster August 15th, 2019
- Cam Newton's deep ball 'biggest surprise' for Carolina August 15th, 2019
- Curtis Samuel 'practically impossible to cover' at Panthers' camp August 15th, 2019
- Rams utilizing 'veteran plan' on Todd Gurley (knee) July 28th, 2019
- Cooper Kupp (ACL) left off Rams' PUP to start camp July 24th, 2019
- Rams' Todd Gurley trying to lose weight July 23rd, 2019
- Rams will extend Jared Goff, coach says June 13th, 2019
- Rams' Todd Gurley downplays knee issues June 11th, 2019
- Rapoport: Todd Gurley unlikely to be Rams' bell cow moving forward June 4th, 2019