Lions' Kerryon Johnson could catch 60 passes, writer pedicts
Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press predicts that Detroit Lions running back Kerryon Johnson will catch at least 60 passes this season.
Birkett said that Johnson has impressed as a receiver in offseason practice and says that primary receiving back Theo Riddick is not a lock to make the roster. This would open up opportunities in the passing game for Johnson, who caught 32 passes in 10 games as a rookie last season. Johnson had an 11% target share, compared to Riddick's 14%.
Our numbers are not as bullish, but our models do project Johnson to catch 40.76 passes this season for 291.65. He is also projected to rush for 1,038.06 yards and 5.3 touchdowns on 215.31 attempts.
- Broncos' Phillip Lindsay (wrist) says he's 100 percent July 15th, 2019
- Cowboys' Ezekiel Elliott reportedly planning camp holdout July 15th, 2019
- Washington's Derrius Guice (hamstring) reportedly questionable for the start of training camp July 12th, 2019
- Jets' Chris Herndon suspended four games for violating the league's substance abuse policy July 12th, 2019
- Agent says Chargers' Melvin Gordon could hold out into season July 11th, 2019
- San Francisco's Jimmy Garoppolo (knee) ready for start of training camp July 10th, 2019
- Theo Riddick could be on the Lions' roster bubble June 13th, 2019
- Lions' Kerryon Johnson could catch 60 passes, writer pedicts June 13th, 2019
- Patriots acquire Michael Roberts from lions June 13th, 2019
- Lions reportedly sign receiver Jermaine Kearse to a one-year deal on Thursday June 6th, 2019
- Detroit Lions select tight end T.J. Hockenson eighth overall April 25th, 2019
- C.J. Anderson signs a one-year deal with Detroit April 1st, 2019