No QB competition for Giants, Eli Manning remains expected Week 1 starter
NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reports "there is no quarterback competition with the New York Giants" with Eli Manning the expected Week 1 starter.
Head coach Pat Shurmur made it sound that rookie Daniel Jones had a chance to start Week 1, but it appears that was just coach-speak as Manning is prepared to hold onto the job to start the season. Jones' only opportunity at the moment would be an injury to Manning.
Our models project Manning for 3,887.6 yards with 23.0 touchdowns and 15.6 interceptions on 586.5 pass attempts this season.
- Packers' Head Coach Matt LaFleur wants to "even up" touches between Aaron Jones and Jamaal Williams September 18th, 2019
- Raiders' Josh Jacobs limited on Wednesday with a hip injury September 18th, 2019
- Chiefs' LeSean McCoy (ankle) misses practice on Wednesday September 18th, 2019
- Damien Williams (knee) misses Chiefs' practice on Wednesday September 18th, 2019
- Saints' Head Coach Sean Payton refuses to name Teddy Bridgewater as Week 3 starter September 18th, 2019
- Panthers' Cam Newton (foot) does not practice on Wednesday September 18th, 2019
- Sterling Shepard (concussion) limited at Giants practice September 18th, 2019
- Daniel Jones named Giants' starting quarterback over Eli Manning September 17th, 2019
- Giants coach declines to name Eli Manning Week 3 starter September 16th, 2019
- Evan Engram catches 6 passes in Giants' loss September 16th, 2019
- Saquon Barkley totals 135 yards, touchdown in Giants' loss September 16th, 2019
- Giants' Cody Latimer (calf) active Sunday September 15th, 2019