Daniel Jones and Giants agree in principle to contract
The New York Giants and first-round pick Daniel Jones have agreed in principle to a contract.
Like all rookie contracts, the deal includes a fifth-year team option. The agreement allows the sixth-overall pick to not miss any time in training camp as he tries to unseat Eli Manning as the team's quarterback in 2019.
Our models project Jones for just 40.5 pass attempts in 2019 with the rookie racking up 279.0 yards, 1.6 touchdowns, and 1.2 interceptions.
- Packers' Head Coach Matt LaFleur wants to "even up" touches between Aaron Jones and Jamaal Williams September 18th, 2019
- Raiders' Josh Jacobs limited on Wednesday with a hip injury September 18th, 2019
- Chiefs' LeSean McCoy (ankle) misses practice on Wednesday September 18th, 2019
- Damien Williams (knee) misses Chiefs' practice on Wednesday September 18th, 2019
- Saints' Head Coach Sean Payton refuses to name Teddy Bridgewater as Week 3 starter September 18th, 2019
- Panthers' Cam Newton (foot) does not practice on Wednesday September 18th, 2019
- Sterling Shepard (concussion) limited at Giants practice September 18th, 2019
- Daniel Jones named Giants' starting quarterback over Eli Manning September 17th, 2019
- Giants coach declines to name Eli Manning Week 3 starter September 16th, 2019
- Evan Engram catches 6 passes in Giants' loss September 16th, 2019
- Saquon Barkley totals 135 yards, touchdown in Giants' loss September 16th, 2019
- Giants' Cody Latimer (calf) active Sunday September 15th, 2019