Steelers' Vance McDonald to see same snaps in 2019
Pittsburgh Steelers tight end Vance McDonald will not play significantly more snaps this season, according to offensive coordinator Randy Fichtner.
"He won't," Fichtner said in regards to McDonald seeing an expanded role in 2019. "He's never going to play the full game. That's never going to happen." McDonald played a career-high 564 snaps (54.6 percent) in 15 games last season while turning in the most productive season of his career, with 50 receptions (72 targets) for 610 yards and 4 touchdowns. Even if he were to only see a modest boost in playing time following the departure of Jesse James, McDonald is capable of returning back-end TE1 production.
McDonald is currently the TE9 in numberFire's preseason fantasy rankings. Our models expect him to catch 53.6 passes on 86.7 targets for 627.5 yards and 5.77 touchdowns in 2019.
- Eagles' Alshon Jeffery (calf) questionable to return in Week 2 September 15th, 2019
- Philadelphia's DeSean Jackson exits Week 2's game with a groin injury September 15th, 2019
- Chargers' Austin Ekeler accumulates 133 scrimmage yards in Week 2 September 15th, 2019
- 49ers' Matt Breida rushes for 121 yards in Week 2's win over the Bengals September 15th, 2019
- Rams' Cooper Kupp posts five receptions in Week 2's victory over New Orleans September 15th, 2019
- Kansas City's DeMarcus Robinson torches Oakland for 172 receiving yards and 2 scores September 15th, 2019
- James Conner manages just 33 rushing yards in Pittsburgh's Week 2 loss to the Seahawks September 15th, 2019
- Steelers' Ben Roethlisberger (elbow) exits in the second quarter, Mason Rudolph starts the second half September 15th, 2019
- Steelers' JuJu Smith-Schuster (toe) upgraded to full practice September 12th, 2019
- James Conner limited at Steelers practice with illness September 12th, 2019
- JuJu Smith-Schuster (toe) limited at Steelers practice September 12th, 2019
- JuJu Smith-Schuster (toe) expected to play for Steelers Week 2 September 10th, 2019