Damien Harris 'reinforced' Patriots' confidence in camp
New England Patriots third-round running back Damien Harris has "reinforced" the team's belief that he's simply "a really great football player" with his performance this preseason, writes Mike Reiss of ESPN.com.
Reiss adds that Harris "displayed a hard-charging running style and the ability to catch the ball as well" in his preseason debut last week, in which the rookie rushed 14 times for 80 yards and caught all 4 of his targets for another 23 yards. Harris can handle early-down and passing-game work, so he could step in if either Sony Michel or James White were to miss time.
Harris is the RB48 in numberFire's preseason fantasy rankings. Our models project him for 511.2 yards from scrimmage and 4.07 touchdowns on 105.1 touches as a rookie.
- Giants' Cody Latimer (calf) active Sunday September 15th, 2019
- Mike Williams (knee) officially active for Chargers Week 2 September 15th, 2019
- Joe Mixon (ankle) officially active for Bengals versus 49ers September 15th, 2019
- Rapoport: Jets' Sam Darnold (mono) out 3-7 weeks September 15th, 2019
- Chargers' Mike Williams (knee) expected to play in limited role in Week 2 September 15th, 2019
- Bengals' Joe Mixon (ankle) is reportedly "planning to play" in Week 2 September 15th, 2019
- Antonio Brown will play in Week 2 for New England September 15th, 2019
- Antonio Brown 'expected to play' for New England in Week 2, per report September 14th, 2019
- Rapoport: Antonio Brown on track to play for Patriots Week 2 September 12th, 2019
- Patriots' Antonio Brown accused of rape, per report September 11th, 2019
- New England's Sony Michel ranked among Week 2's top 15 running backs September 10th, 2019
- Jets reportedly acquiring Demaryius Thomas from Patriots for 6th-rounder September 10th, 2019