Louisiana Tech quarterback Jeff Driskel getting second-round grades
Louisiana Tech quarterback Jeff Driskel has been stamped with a second-round grade by "a number of franchises," according to NFL draft insider Tony Pauline.
Driskel has NFL-caliber arm strength and size (6-foot-4/230 pounds), and scouts were reportedly impressed with the way he improved at the Senior Bowl as the week of practices progressed. Per Pauline, some evaluators believe a good Combine performance could push Driskel toward the top of the second quarterback tier, ahead of Michigan State's Connor Cook and Penn State's Christian Hackenberg.
Driskel -- who originally attended Florida -- completed 62.3 percent of his passes in 2015, throwing for 4,026 yards, 27 touchdowns and eight picks.
- Bears' Anthony Miller (ankle) may be limited to start year August 22nd, 2019
- Michael Crabtree officially signs with Cardinals August 22nd, 2019
- Damien Harris 'reinforced' Patriots' confidence in camp August 22nd, 2019
- Cardinals' KeeSean Johnson 'may have had best camp' on roster August 22nd, 2019
- Ravens' Justice Hill has 'makings' of third-down back August 22nd, 2019
- Browns RB coach: Nick Chubb to see more pass work August 22nd, 2019
- Vikings 'raving about' third-rounder Alexander Mattison August 22nd, 2019
- Darwin Thompson reportedly has passed Carlos Hyde on Chiefs' depth chart August 21st, 2019
- Darren Waller again shining at Raiders training camp August 21st, 2019
- Steelers' Vance McDonald to see same snaps in 2019 August 21st, 2019
- Jakeem Grant signs 4-year, $24M extension with Miami August 21st, 2019
- Rams' Darrell Henderson expected to see 9-12 touches a game August 21st, 2019