Dolphins' Jay Cutler could see 'fair share' of 1-on-1 opportunities
Miami Dolphins quarterback Jay Cutler figures to get a good amount of 1-on-1 matchups against the Los Angeles Chargers, according to the Palm Beach Post's Joe Schad.
Cutler's debut with the Dolphins was put on hold thanks to Hurricane Irma. Now, instead of the Tampa Buccaneers, the Chargers will be the first defense he faces this season, and that might be to his disadvantage. While the Dolphins have two very physically talented receivers in Jarvis Landry and DeVante Parker, the Chargers boast a good one-two combo of their own at the corner position. So, as the Chargers look to get after Cutler and stuff the run, they could very well hold up against the quarterback's aggressive play style.
At a price of $6,900 for this week's road matchup, Cutler is projected for 202.6 yards, 1.18 touchdowns and 0.87 interceptions in his Miami debut. His Dolphins are 4.5-point favorites with an implied total of 24.75 points in Week 2.
- Bengals' Tyler Eifert (back) undergoes surgery to remove cyst November 18th, 2017
- Jaguars officially activate Dede Westbrook (core muscle) from IR November 18th, 2017
- Giants' Sterling Shepard (illness) added to Week 11 injury report November 18th, 2017
- Ravens activate Danny Woodhead (hamstring) from IR November 18th, 2017
- Seahawks' Kam Chancellor (neck) could be out for rest of season November 18th, 2017
- Lions' T.J. Jones' playing time likely reduced with Kenny Golladay healthy November 17th, 2017
- Kenny Stills (back) plans on playing for Dolphins versus Buccaneers November 17th, 2017
- Kenny Stills (back) not practicing for Dolphins on Friday November 17th, 2017
- Dolphins say DeVante Parker has lost 'edge' from preseason November 16th, 2017
- Dolphins' Kenny Stills (back) leaves Thursday's practice with injury November 16th, 2017
- Damien Williams and Kenyan Drake to continue splitting carries for Miami November 16th, 2017
- Kenny Stills catches 5 passes for 67 yards in Dolphins' loss to Panthers November 14th, 2017