Dolphins' Jay Cutler could see 'fair share' of 1-on-1 opportunities
Miami Dolphins quarterback Jay Cutler figures to get a good amount of 1-on-1 matchups against the Los Angeles Chargers, according to the Palm Beach Post's Joe Schad.
Cutler's debut with the Dolphins was put on hold thanks to Hurricane Irma. Now, instead of the Tampa Buccaneers, the Chargers will be the first defense he faces this season, and that might be to his disadvantage. While the Dolphins have two very physically talented receivers in Jarvis Landry and DeVante Parker, the Chargers boast a good one-two combo of their own at the corner position. So, as the Chargers look to get after Cutler and stuff the run, they could very well hold up against the quarterback's aggressive play style.
At a price of $6,900 for this week's road matchup, Cutler is projected for 202.6 yards, 1.18 touchdowns and 0.87 interceptions in his Miami debut. His Dolphins are 4.5-point favorites with an implied total of 24.75 points in Week 2.
- Martavis Bryant wants to remain with Steelers in 2018 January 15th, 2018
- Jaguars' Allen Robinson (ACL) expects to be healthy by start of free agency January 15th, 2018
- Chiefs' Darrelle Revis wants to return next season January 15th, 2018
- Titans' DeMarco Murray says he remains among league's best January 15th, 2018
- Le'Veon Bell 'definitely' wants to stick with Steelers January 15th, 2018
- Drew Brees expects to re-sign with Saints January 15th, 2018
- Ryan Tannehill (knee) expected to be ready for start of Dolphins' offseason program January 9th, 2018
- Gase: Ryan Tannehill is Dolphins' starting quarterback in 2018 January 3rd, 2018
- Dolphins expected to give David Fales a look in Week 17 December 30th, 2017
- DeVante Parker (ankle) is officially active for Dolphins in Week 16 December 24th, 2017
- DeVante Parker (ankle) expected to play for Dolphins in Week 16 December 24th, 2017
- Dolphins' Damien Williams (shoulder) doubtful against Chiefs December 22nd, 2017