49ers' Brian Hoyer had quick trigger in Week 1
San Francisco 49ers quarterback Brian Hoyer is the signal caller that was quickest at getting the ball out in Week 1, according to the Associated Press' Josh Dubow.
At 1.85 seconds per pass, Hoyer was the fastest to get rid of the ball in his Week 1 start against the Carolina Panthers. He was 0.19 seconds faster than the next-closest quarterback, Derek Carr (2.04 seconds per pass). This shouldn't come as a surprise given Hoyer's 4.2 adjusted yards per attempt, which ranks 26th of 31 eligible passers.
In Week 2's meeting with the Seattle Seahawks and their elite defense, don't expect anything better than Hoyer's Week 1 line (193 yards, 0 touchdowns and 1 interception). At $6,300, his projected output of 12.8 FanDuel points is the 4th-lowest among Sunday's starters.
- Martavis Bryant wants to remain with Steelers in 2018 January 15th, 2018
- Jaguars' Allen Robinson (ACL) expects to be healthy by start of free agency January 15th, 2018
- Chiefs' Darrelle Revis wants to return next season January 15th, 2018
- Titans' DeMarco Murray says he remains among league's best January 15th, 2018
- Le'Veon Bell 'definitely' wants to stick with Steelers January 15th, 2018
- Drew Brees expects to re-sign with Saints January 15th, 2018
- Rex Burkhead (knee) expected to play for Patriots in AFC Championship Game January 15th, 2018
- Chris Hogan finds the endzone on his lone reception in Patriots' win January 14th, 2018
- Brandin Cooks kept in check in Patriots' win over Titans January 14th, 2018
- Danny Amendola leads Patriots with 11 receptions for 112 yards on Saturday January 14th, 2018
- Dion Lewis totals 141 yards in Patriots' Divisional round victory January 14th, 2018
- Rob Gronkowski posts 6/81/1 line as Patriots blowout Titans January 14th, 2018