Chiefs will let Derrick Johnson become free agent
The Kansas City Chiefs will not re-sign inside linebacker Derrick Johnson when the new league year begins.
Johnson's contract will void at the beginning of the new year, which means he'll become a free agent at the age of 35. He has played all 13 of his seasons in Kansas City and started 15-of-16 games in 2017. He'll be looking for a part-time role elsewhere this offseason.
In 15 games, Johnson produced 48 tackles, 7 passes defensed and 1 forced fumble this season.
- Bears decline Josh Sitton's $8 million option February 20th, 2018
- Le'Veon Bell fully expected to be franchise tagged by Steelers February 20th, 2018
- Free agent Adam Vinatieri plans to kick in 2018 February 20th, 2018
- Bears release Jerrell Freeman after 2 seasons with team February 20th, 2018
- Jaguars pick up Marcedes Lewis' third-year option February 20th, 2018
- Giants' Eli Apple expected to be traded this offseason February 20th, 2018
- Report: Marcus Peters 'may not be long' for Kansas City February 20th, 2018
- Chiefs will let Derrick Johnson become free agent February 13th, 2018
- Derrick Johnson expected to be released by Kansas City February 9th, 2018
- Chiefs expected to release Tamba Hali February 9th, 2018
- Redskins trade Kendall Fuller and a third-round pick to Chiefs for Alex Smith January 30th, 2018
- Kansas City agrees in principle to trade Alex Smith to Washington January 30th, 2018