Chiefs will let Derrick Johnson become free agent
The Kansas City Chiefs will not re-sign inside linebacker Derrick Johnson when the new league year begins.
Johnson's contract will void at the beginning of the new year, which means he'll become a free agent at the age of 35. He has played all 13 of his seasons in Kansas City and started 15-of-16 games in 2017. He'll be looking for a part-time role elsewhere this offseason.
In 15 games, Johnson produced 48 tackles, 7 passes defensed and 1 forced fumble this season.
- Marvin Jones (knee) does not practice Monday for Lions November 19th, 2018
- Lions' Kerryon Johnson (knee) not expected to play on Thanksgiving November 19th, 2018
- Ryan Fitzpatrick loses starting job in Tampa Bay November 19th, 2018
- Jameis Winston to replace Ryan Fitzpatrick as Buccaneers’ starter Week 12 versus 49ers November 19th, 2018
- Jaguars won't bench Blake Bortles for Week 12 November 19th, 2018
- Rams' Robert Woods ranked as Week 11's WR3 November 19th, 2018
- Raiders' Doug Martin held out of Sunday's win with ankle issue November 19th, 2018
- Jordy Nelson (knee) out for Oakland in Week 11 November 16th, 2018
- Gruden: Jordy Nelson (knee) questionable for Raiders Week 11 November 14th, 2018
- Doug Martin (hip) limited in Raiders' practice on Wednesday November 7th, 2018
- Jared Cook unable to do much for Raiders in loss November 2nd, 2018
- Derek Carr, Raiders fall flat on Thursday night November 2nd, 2018