Julio Jones reportedly won't receive new deal from Falcons
Atlanta Falcons wide receiver Julio Jones has been informed by the team that he will not receive a new contract this year, reports The Athletic's Jeff Schultz.
Jones held out through OTAs and minicamp but the Falcons are hopeful he will report to training camp on time. If Jones continues to skip practice, he could be fined for every session he misses. After Brandin Cooks signed a new deal with the Los Angeles Rams earlier this week, Jones is now the ninth-highest paid receiver in the league, per Spotrac. The two-time All-Pro turned 29 in February and is entering his eighth year in the league.
numberFire's models project Jones for 98.6 catches (163.2 targets), 1,541.5 yards, and 7.74 touchdowns in 2018, making him the WR2 in our 2018 preseason fantasy rankings.
- 49ers plan to keep Jerick McKinnon March 25th, 2019
- Drew Rosenhaus: Rob Gronkowski would return to Patriots March 25th, 2019
- Jared Cook reportedly committed to Saints March 25th, 2019
- Jeremy Maclin hangs them up March 25th, 2019
- Washington's Colt McCoy underwent leg surgery March 25th, 2019
- Phillip Lindsay (wrist) likely to miss Broncos' OTAs March 25th, 2019
- Tevin Coleman signs with 49ers for 2-years, $10M March 13th, 2019
- Falcons release right tackle Ryan Schraeder March 13th, 2019
- Falcons, James Carpenter reportedly agree on 4-year contract March 12th, 2019
- Falcons cut longtime kicker Matt Bryant February 6th, 2019
- Falcons' Matt Ryan projected to score fourth-most fantasy points in Week 17 December 29th, 2018
- Falcons' Julio Jones (hip, ribs) will be active in Week 17 December 28th, 2018