Julio Jones reportedly won't receive new deal from Falcons
Atlanta Falcons wide receiver Julio Jones has been informed by the team that he will not receive a new contract this year, reports The Athletic's Jeff Schultz.
Jones held out through OTAs and minicamp but the Falcons are hopeful he will report to training camp on time. If Jones continues to skip practice, he could be fined for every session he misses. After Brandin Cooks signed a new deal with the Los Angeles Rams earlier this week, Jones is now the ninth-highest paid receiver in the league, per Spotrac. The two-time All-Pro turned 29 in February and is entering his eighth year in the league.
numberFire's models project Jones for 98.6 catches (163.2 targets), 1,541.5 yards, and 7.74 touchdowns in 2018, making him the WR2 in our 2018 preseason fantasy rankings.
- Marcus Mariota limited for Titans Tuesday with foot injury December 18th, 2018
- Rams add C.J. Anderson to backfield as Week 16 insurance December 18th, 2018
- Keenan Allen (hip) may be game-time decision for Chargers on Saturday December 18th, 2018
- Melvin Gordon (knee) practices in full for Chargers on Tuesday December 18th, 2018
- Jets place Rishard Matthews (hamstring) on injured reserve December 18th, 2018
- Bills stick Marcus Murphy (elbow) on injured reserve December 18th, 2018
- Falcons promote Jeremy Langford from practice squad December 18th, 2018
- Falcons' Ito Smith (knee) out for the season December 17th, 2018
- Julio Jones gains 82 yards, catches TD in Falcons' win December 17th, 2018
- Matt Ryan lead's Atlanta to Week 15 rout December 17th, 2018
- Falcons' Tevin Coleman bounces back, rushes for 145 yards and a score December 16th, 2018
- Ito Smith (neck) active for Atlanta against Arizona December 16th, 2018