Kris Russell out Monday for Flames with lower-body injury
Calgary Flames defenseman Kris Russell is out Monday against the Anaheim Ducks because of a lower-body injury.
Russell is considered day-to-day with the injury, meaning he could be ready to play Wednesday against the Minnesota Wild.
Russell has 15 points (four goals, 11 assists) in 51 games played this season, but more importantly, has the second most blocked shots at 174. He's been poor at driving possession as his Corsi For Percentage is 44.1, and his Relative Corsi For at Even Strength is -7.0. We project Russell to tally another seven points (one goal, six assists) over the remaining course of the season.
- Blues take home first Stanley Cup in franchise history June 13th, 2019
- Nikita Kucherov signs 8-year extension with Lightning July 10th, 2018
- Kings, Drew Doughty agree to eight-year extension June 30th, 2018
- John Carlson, Capitals agree to 8-year extension June 25th, 2018
- Sharks sign Evander Kane to massive seven-year deal May 24th, 2018
- T.J. Oshie scores a pair as Capitals force Game 7 in Eastern Conference Final May 22nd, 2018
- Oilers' Cam Talbot will start on Monday against the Jets October 9th, 2017
- Cam Talbot named the Oilers' starting goalie for Wednesday's home game October 4th, 2017
- Laurent Brossoit defending the post for Edmonton on Sunday April 9th, 2017
- Cam Talbot will don the pads as Edmonton visists San Jose April 6th, 2017
- Oilers will have Cam Talbot between the posts on Tuesday April 4th, 2017
- Oilers' Cam Talbot to man the crease against the Kings March 28th, 2017