Pittsburgh's Phil Kessel keeps on scoring, tallies 17th point of the playoffs
Pittsburgh Penguins forward Phil Kessel found the back of the net in Friday's 4-3 loss to the Tampa Bay Lightning in Game 4 of the Eastern Conference Finals.
With his team trailing 4-0, Kessel finally got the Penguins on the board at the 1:18 mark of the third period. The Pens got two more goals from Evgeni Malkin and Chris Kunitz to make the game interesting, but that's as close as they'd come to tying the game. Kessel continues to rip it up this postseason. He's scored in three straight games, and he's collected at least one point in each game of this series. The 28-year-old has eight goals and 17 points in 15 playoff games in 2016. The series is now tied 2-2. Game 5 will be played in Pittsburgh on Sunday night.
He tallied 26 goals and 33 assists in the regular season, his first in Pittsburgh. His 54.4 Corsi For Percentage was a career-best clip.
- Blues take home first Stanley Cup in franchise history June 13th, 2019
- Nikita Kucherov signs 8-year extension with Lightning July 10th, 2018
- Kings, Drew Doughty agree to eight-year extension June 30th, 2018
- John Carlson, Capitals agree to 8-year extension June 25th, 2018
- Sharks sign Evander Kane to massive seven-year deal May 24th, 2018
- T.J. Oshie scores a pair as Capitals force Game 7 in Eastern Conference Final May 22nd, 2018
- Antti Raanta starting between the pipes for the Coyotes on Thursday October 12th, 2017
- Antti Raanta will start for Coyotes in Las Vegas on Tuesday October 10th, 2017
- Coyotes' Louis Domingue gets the start on the road against Anaheim October 5th, 2017
- Arizona putting Louis Domingue in goal versus the Canucks April 6th, 2017
- Coyotes giving Mike Smith a road start in Dallas April 4th, 2017
- Louis Domingue will be in net as Arizona hosts Washington March 31st, 2017