Penguins' Marc-Andre Fleury accepts waiver of no-move clause
Pittsburgh Penguins goalie Marc-Andre Fleury has agreed to accept the team's request for him to waive his no-move clause for the upcoming expansion draft.
If they so wish, the Las Vegas Golden Knights could make Fleury the franchise's first netminder. That means 23-year-old Matt Murray will be the Penguins' starting goaltender for the foreseeable future.
In 15 playoff appearances, Fleury went 9-6 and accumulated a save percentage of .924 for the NHL-champion Penguins.
- Buffalo's Jack Eichel (ankle) will return to the ice on Saturday March 17th, 2018
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron (foot) out at least 2 weeks February 27th, 2018
- Penguins acquire Derick Brassard from Senators February 23rd, 2018
- Montreal's Shea Weber (foot) to undergo surgery, miss remainder of season February 22nd, 2018
- Flyers' Wayne Simmonds (upper body) to miss 2-3 weeks February 20th, 2018
- Sharks' Joe Thornton (knee) out indefinitely with MCL injury January 24th, 2018
- Marc-Andre Fleury (concussion) placed on Golden Knights' injured reserve list October 15th, 2017
- Marc-Andre Fleury will start for Vegas on Friday night October 13th, 2017
- Marc-Andre Fleury will start Vegas' home opener October 10th, 2017
- Las Vegas has Marc-Andre Fleury in net for franchise debut October 6th, 2017