Jaccob Slavin inks a seven-year extension with the Hurricanes
The Carolina Hurricanes and defenseman Jaccob Slavin have agreed to a seven-year contract extension worth $37.1 million.
The 23-year-old still has one year left on his current contract, and he's now locked up as a cornerstone for the Canes moving forward.
Slavin notched 34 points (29 goals and 5 assists) while racking up 99 shots on goal and blocking 161 shots last season. His 2.5% relative Corsi For Percentage at even strength ranked second among Carolina defensemen.
- Buffalo's Jack Eichel (ankle) will return to the ice on Saturday March 17th, 2018
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron (foot) out at least 2 weeks February 27th, 2018
- Penguins acquire Derick Brassard from Senators February 23rd, 2018
- Montreal's Shea Weber (foot) to undergo surgery, miss remainder of season February 22nd, 2018
- Flyers' Wayne Simmonds (upper body) to miss 2-3 weeks February 20th, 2018
- Sharks' Joe Thornton (knee) out indefinitely with MCL injury January 24th, 2018
- Scott Darling will start in net for Hurricanes on Tuesday October 10th, 2017
- Jaccob Slavin inks a seven-year extension with the Hurricanes July 12th, 2017
- Eddie Lack wrapping up the season for Carolina April 9th, 2017
- Hurricanes starting Eddie Lack on Thursday April 6th, 2017
- Cam Ward likely to man goal for Hurricanes on Tuesday April 4th, 2017
- Cam Ward starting in goal for Carolina on Thursday March 30th, 2017