Jaccob Slavin inks a seven-year extension with the Hurricanes
The Carolina Hurricanes and defenseman Jaccob Slavin have agreed to a seven-year contract extension worth $37.1 million.
The 23-year-old still has one year left on his current contract, and he's now locked up as a cornerstone for the Canes moving forward.
Slavin notched 34 points (29 goals and 5 assists) while racking up 99 shots on goal and blocking 161 shots last season. His 2.5% relative Corsi For Percentage at even strength ranked second among Carolina defensemen.
- Nikita Kucherov signs 8-year extension with Lightning July 10th, 2018
- Kings, Drew Doughty agree to eight-year extension June 30th, 2018
- John Carlson, Capitals agree to 8-year extension June 25th, 2018
- Sharks sign Evander Kane to massive seven-year deal May 24th, 2018
- T.J. Oshie scores a pair as Capitals force Game 7 in Eastern Conference Final May 22nd, 2018
- Marc-Andre Fleury leads Vegas to a berth in the Stanley Cup Finals May 20th, 2018
- Scott Darling will start in net for Hurricanes on Tuesday October 10th, 2017
- Jaccob Slavin inks a seven-year extension with the Hurricanes July 12th, 2017
- Eddie Lack wrapping up the season for Carolina April 9th, 2017
- Hurricanes starting Eddie Lack on Thursday April 6th, 2017
- Cam Ward likely to man goal for Hurricanes on Tuesday April 4th, 2017
- Cam Ward starting in goal for Carolina on Thursday March 30th, 2017