Kings, Drew Doughty agree to eight-year extension
The Los Angeles Kings and defenseman Drew Doughty have agreed to an eight-year contract extension.
The deal will reportedly pay Doughty around $11 million per season through the life of the deal, which will go until his age-37 season. He will play out the final year of his current deal before this one kicks in. Even more impressive is that Doughty reportedly negotiated his own deal, saving himself between $1.75 and 2 million in agent fees.
In 2017-18, Doughty played 2,201 minutes in 82 games while accounting for 10 goals, 50 assists and 205 shots.
- Blues take home first Stanley Cup in franchise history June 13th, 2019
- Nikita Kucherov signs 8-year extension with Lightning July 10th, 2018
- John Carlson, Capitals agree to 8-year extension June 25th, 2018
- Sharks sign Evander Kane to massive seven-year deal May 24th, 2018
- T.J. Oshie scores a pair as Capitals force Game 7 in Eastern Conference Final May 22nd, 2018
- Marc-Andre Fleury leads Vegas to a berth in the Stanley Cup Finals May 20th, 2018
- Marvin Bagley will start for the Kings on Wednesday October 17th, 2018
- Kings, Drew Doughty agree to eight-year extension June 30th, 2018
- Jonathan Quick starting in net for Kings' season opener October 5th, 2017
- Dallas acquires Ben Bishop from Kings May 9th, 2017
- Kings expected to start Ben Bishop in goal Thursday April 6th, 2017
- Jonathan Quick projected to start in goal Tuesday for the Kings March 28th, 2017